What's new

Perdomo lot 23

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Got this one from Tedski and fired it up tonight and thought I would give a few thoughts on it. I am very new to this but here it goes.
The start was bitter for a few puffs but settled down into a creamy toasted flavor for much of the 1st third. The ash held on great and fell off just as I started the 2nd third. It got a little more hint of spice during the 2nd but still stayed creamy and mellow. I purged a few times here and there and seemed to help it along. The ash stayed on again until the last third started then fell. The final third got alot stronger and alot more spice came out. But I did rush a little of the last part because of the cold and my asshole neighbors were fighting and got on my nerves.
All in all it was a very pleasant smoke with great features and mellow tastes. I will get more for the humi soon.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I thought Santa would have been on hiatus till at least mid-spring. Working on the list pretty damn early HoHo FOG.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No I don't believe so...I have had them also but they seemed bitter to me.
The Slow-aged 'PerSloMo' is something entirely different... no offense intended to those who like them, it's merely a local name for the stick. Aside from "not my cup o' tea", my personal opinion is intentionally withheld for the slow- aged... Have to be politically correct, after all.:innocent:

Lot 23's are aged a couple (three?) of years, or so Perdomo says, but I find them still bitter (in the first third or so) when 'young'. They do lose that as they are aged out of celo, but my patience is seldom that great.

I'd call them medium bodied but full flavor, mainly a cream flavor with some caramel in there for good measure -- Like smoking one of those caramel candies with the cream inside. If you like tasting sweet-cream and caramel, with hints of cedar, in your cigars (yet with a medium-to-full body), it may be for you.

They're one of my favorite 'budget/ bang for the buck' cigars! I think I have a good 4 or 5 in the coolerdor right now - Let the coolerdor rummaging begin :grin: Personally, I'd say they're a 7 or 7.5 in general, but much higher (9 or more) if you take the price into account. Personal opinion, of course. It has the flavor profile of a stereotypical Dominican with the "Oomph" of a stereotypical Nicaraguan... wow that's an overgeneralization, but it somehow works for me...

Just my 2 cents worth,
ZugbugPete