What's new

Perfec Draw

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I got this Perfec Draw tool for Christmas from my parents. My dad heard Rush Limbaugh talking about it. Tried it out the other day. Cigar didn't really need it but just wanted to figure it out. It has a sharp pyramid shaped tip and some short barbed blades behind that. Its almost like an auger. You screw in into the cigar a little at a time then pull it back out. Seems to work pretty well. I only did about an inch into the one I tried it in but it did open it up just a tad. Quality seems good. I used it as a nubber too as they say you can do and worked for that as well. The only thing that would make it better is a knurled end or some grooves machined in to provide some grip. Price isn't bad either at $40. They also sell some cigar repair glue.
http://perfecdraw.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Have only used a couple of times but worked well at opening up the draw and as a nubber. The only negative is the slick powder coat. It's a little slippery to hold the the end of the tool. Needs to be knurled or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does this compare to a homemade draw poker? Right now im using a metal coat hanger piece that I cut and it works ok and isnt so big that it will crack a cigar thats too packed but doesnt remove anything either. Not sure if I'd want to spend 40 bucks on it either though. I had thought about picking up a drawpoker for 15 bucks but something like this seems like a better idea, if only they combined the drawpoker channel system to keep the cigar straight with something like this. I'm thinking about taking a walk down the hardware aisle in home depot before spending 40 bucks to try and save whats most likely going to be cheaper cigar.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
How does this compare to a homemade draw poker? Right now im using a metal coat hanger piece that I cut and it works ok and isnt so big that it will crack a cigar thats too packed but doesnt remove anything either. Not sure if I'd want to spend 40 bucks on it either though. I had thought about picking up a drawpoker for 15 bucks but something like this seems like a better idea, if only they combined the drawpoker channel system to keep the cigar straight with something like this. I'm thinking about taking a walk down the hardware aisle in home depot before spending 40 bucks to try and save whats most likely going to be cheaper cigar.
The PerfecDraw is awesome. It really works wonders. With every penny, and then some. Just do it.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Maybe I should upgrade from the small bamboo skewers I use but at least they're disposable!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PerfecDraw is awesome. It really works wonders. With every penny, and then some. Just do it.
Haha thanks for the quick reply, gotta love Saturday nights on botl. I really might just bite the bullet, after the super ligero i just had that was rolled way too tight and even after four pokes with my poker still wasnt as enjoyable as I had hoped, could tell its a great cigar just couldnt get a good draw through the majority of the smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my perfecdraw and I must say it is really a well machined tool and can understand the cost of it. I wish we knew the place of manufacturing, I assume if it were made in USA it would be labeled but never the less it definitely is a tool that you can tell takes some time to machine. I used it first the first time today on a cigar that didnt necessarily need it but also one I didn't particularly care about if it ruined it. It most definitely works as advertised but it took a much bigger chunk out of the head than i had wanted. I followed the instructional video that said to pull it out after screwing it in but next time I plan to spin it in place a bit in order to grind the tabacco more in order to not pull out more than expected.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I have two, one for the house and one for the Herfador. They have replaced every other draw tool I’ve used.