What's new

PerfecDraw Cigar Tool - my impressions

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well I thought enough time has passed to make several observations about my newly acquired Perfect Draw - Cigar CPR Tool. I got it about 14 days ago, and have used it maybe 15 + or so times.

I had originally stumbled on the Perfect Draw - Cigar Draw Tool back in November, or December 2017 in because of a B.O.T.L. discussion of the Perfect Draw Tool.

I already had like three draw helpers, one the “M” tool (generation one - similar to the “Redeemer”), my Swiss Army Knives Sail Makers Tool Blade, and my very own DYI Darning Needle into Rubber Cork Stopper Poker.

So being kind of interested in the Perfect Draw I went Net Surfing for information. As I always do, I explored the Perfect Draws web-site watching the different videos the inventor Dr. Rod Kurthy, put up.

Well as Ricky Recardo would say these videos “SPLAINED” all about how the Perfect Draw works, how it came to be, why other Cigar helper tools don’t work, and I am saying to myself honestly this guy is on to something.:D

Everyone IMHO need go to the Perfect Draw web-site, explore the videos, and spend 40 - 60 minutes or so watching the videos.

http://perfecdraw.com

Also there is a video of the EIB Radio Guy, Rush Limbaugh who apparently got a gift of one of the Perfect Draw Tools, he is a big Cigar smoker, he was going on and on during his radio show about how it is the best thing since sliced bread after trying it. Rush use to gripe constantly about Cigars that would not draw, and he said he tossed many Cigars away in the trash can because of draw problems.

Well being frugal, already having three tools that kind of worked, I backed away from the Perfect Draw Tool as it is like $39.95 back then.

Several weeks into February 2018. I am thinking about the Oliva’s Series “V” Torpedoes I had (10) of in my humidor, and still have (9) of. That are put away because the one I tried to smoke was like sucking a soda straw with a plug in the end. Would not draw for sh*t. Finally smoked it by surgically removing the tapered end. Great Cigar I had to cut down to enjoy.

So I go back to the Perfect Draw web-site, and bavoom there is a price drop. I felt like Gomer Pyle-U.S.M.C yelling surprise surprise. I think that at 25% off it is time to get the tool, it cheaper then a couple of really good cigars. I ordered a Perfect Draw Tool (PerfecDraw), and bottle of Perfect Cigar Glue (PerfecRepair-Cigar Glue & Crack Sealer). Instead of almost $50.00 for the combo before, it is like $37.00ish delivered via USPS for both. WHAHOO.(y)

So as soon as the order is placed for the Tool, & Glue I get a e-mail confirming the purchase, then another e-mail saying it is being shipped USPS, with Tacking Number. Couple days later this little white padded envelope shows up in the mail with my items nicely packed inside.

I busy, so I put he envelope away until I have time to open and look. Inside is a nice little White Box with Magnetic closure inside is the Perfect Draw Tool in a Die Cut holder, and the little Perfect Glue bottle in bubble wrap.

Apparently what I receive is the Generation II - Model Perfect Draw Tool, as pictured on web-site with a Hexagon Shaped Handle, [/](easier to grip)[/i]. The Pocket Clip that was on the First Generation is no long part of the tool. No big deal, the box is a great storage case. Will keep me from loosing it, fits nicely in my Herf-A-Dor.

image.jpeg

My impression is Perfect Draw Tool is about the size #2 lead pencil, or small barrel ball point pen, all metal construction, well machine, well finished, appears to have a Black Anodized Finish on the exterior and small Orange Logo. Should last a very long time as it appears very well made. The business end Cutter & Pull Teeth Shaft that is attached to Hexagon Handle/Grip screws into and stores in a threaded metal barrel.

image.png

The Perfect Draw is very thin should easily store between a Cigars in a Travel Humidor as it don’t take up much space. I intend to keep mine in the Box it arrived in, as it is White & Bright, and should be hard to loose track of. Have not figure out how to keep it from getting legs, and snatch by someone.

So now it is time to test the Perfect Draw Tool, my first use will be the Oliva - Series V - Torpedo that had big time draw problems. I cut the Cap with Cigar cutter, and test draw. Like the last one I smoked it don’t draw for s**t no air flow, very over packed stick. Like sucking on a straw with a anti leek cap in one end.

So as have previously watched the Perfect Draw Tool instruction video a couple of times, I get the Perfect Draw Tool out. I use it per instruction, and can hear a faint sound like a slow speed metal tap makes, that is used to putting a thread into metal. (faint sound like a termite chewing on wood) Next I pull back on the tool outward, and some mini bits of tobacco come out. Check draw again as I have only gone in about 3/8” deep, still not real good, but there is now minimal air flow. Back in the same hole/channel I go turning the tool per instructions. This time I go in about maybe 1.5” deep to where there are no cutting teeth showing outside the Cigar, just a shiny metal shaft, and pull back removing the tool. More bit of tobacco come out. Again I check the draw, it is really good. So I light-up my Torpedo, and say to myself this tool works better than anything else I have tried to perform Cigar C.P.R. with. Torpedo is drawing like a champ, I enjoy the stick, me very happy.

Honestly having done a couple of years as a Tool & Die apprenticeship. No I did not finish that apprenticeship, working inside all day, stand at a machine was not my thing. I am kind of fascinated with the design of the part of the tool that does the cutting & pulling. I honestly do not have any idea how this very intricate cutter & pulling design could have been thought up, or manufactured, as it is a very complicated design when you look at it under a bright light. But I will assume machine shop technology is way better in 2018, then it was back in the 1960’s when I was an apprenticing.

image.jpeg

Well as I said I have had the tool a little over two weeks, find I am using it on about 50% of the sticks I have smoked in the last couple of weeks. To get them to draw wonderful, increasing Cigar smoking pleasure.(y)

I will say IMHO this Perfect Draw Tool works better then anything I have used before, it is a total keeper. It could be called a Cigar C.P.R. Tool, a Cigar Draw Enhancer, or as it inventor called it the PerfecDraw. I refer to is as my secret weapon. But it is also a my smoking pleasure enhancer. This is something ever serious Cigar smoker needs, should consider buying, a pleasure enhancer.

I have found a New Clean Dry Soft Toothbrush is the best trick for cleaning the teeth of the Perfect Draw Tool, just a few strokes, (point to Hex Handle direction) and all the itty bitty bit of tobacco are removed from the Cutter & Puller blades. Got to keep your tool clean,

JMHO. (y)(y)(y)

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Love it. It is more precise than other devices I’ve used. It would be awesome if it had a dual pronged nubber built into it like my other tool. But i think it is too small, not weighty enough and wouldn’t fit in my hand like my other tool. So, I like it as it is though. Sorry if that is confusing. Every smoke should have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Love it. It is more precise than other devices I’ve used. It would be awesome if it had a dual pronged nubber built into it like my other tool. But i think it is too small, not weighty enough and wouldn’t fit in my hand like my other tool. So, I like it as it is though. Sorry if that is confusing. Every smoke should have one.

Honestly if you want a really good Nuber, those corn cob holding tools you buy in the kitchen supply dept at Wally Words or the Dollar store work as good as anything, and are cheap.

IMHO combination do everything tool are like a Swiss-Army knife, doing many tasks, one well. Sure there is one with a saw blade, but you can cut down a tree as fast or efficient as with a real saw.

image.jpeg

JMHO

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
You gotta be getting paid, cash or product, for this. :ROFLMAO:

Disclaimer: It is definitely the best draw tool I've ever owned or used.

40-60 minutes watching the videos? I'm lucky to make it all the way through "Purple Haze". ;):ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hah! I know right. Seriously, I do like it and it is the best draw tool out there. But I like the weight and size of my modus tool for a nubber. I use it for a nubber tool today, but it gummed up the blades a little and was hard to clean. Won’t use it for that again just so it doesn’t clog it up.
I have moved beyond the cobber. Classy now! Hah!

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I let you decide by reading all them words over, and over, and over again. :shame:
Here’s what I thought.

The only thing that is to be an old man cave in a good way home game was the first one I wanna I had a cigar at a time ago when the last guy is a little bit and I don’t think he would have a cigar that would make it a better job than you could have with them all the day and he just saw a guy in a car that was a little bit off and on a time I would have to go get them in a few days I would like a guy who would have not told him I wanna I like that he would like me and he would be put in the garage door or so I’ll be there to be a little flat out of it I don’t think it’s a fair enough to do you know what I want you guys are you going out there tomorrow I wanna I want you and you can come and I have a lot going to be put on my way to work I don’t know what I want you and you want me I wanna I want to be a little flat and I’m not sure if you wanna was like a lot more stuff than me I just think you would be a better man and if we could have done a good thing you could get it and you guys could do a better one for you I would have been sent back and then you guys would get to work on that day I don’t want it and I’m just like a man that’s why I don’t want you guys I want to go.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Ha! Y'all bust his balls, but will read Katman.. ;)
You did well on this one Bruce. A little verbose. But an honest endorsement, helpfully detailed, and well written enough. Perfectly clear. (y)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
The Perfect Draw needs to fit in a pocket. A re-design using a telescoping shaft would be great for portability. A cigar, cutter, lighter and perfect draw and you’re all set.
From a design standpoint I'm not sure a telescoping one would be practical or desirable. Or even something that could reasonably be accomplished. Seems like it would create more problems than solutions.
Now a shorter more compact one for pocket carry might be a feasible and useful option...

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
From a design standpoint I'm not sure a telescoping one would be practical or desirable. Or even something that could reasonably be accomplished. Seems like it would create more problems than solutions.
Now a shorter more compact one for pocket carry might be a feasible and useful option...
The original version has a little pocket clip. Now I just need a shirt with a pocket and problem solved. :D

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I love my original version. The only draw back I found was being able to hold onto the end especially when using as a number with gloves on. Finish is too slick. Needed to be knurled or something but the hex shape should help.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The Perfect Draw needs to fit in a pocket. A re-design using a telescoping shaft would be great for portability. A cigar, cutter, lighter and perfect draw and you’re all set.

Honeslty he who build a better mouse trap without infringing on people Patents, become rich. Or is ignored because their product is not a good as they think.

As I said I would rather have one tool that did a job very good, then a combo tool that did everything half-:asshat:-Ed