What's new

petuning tobacco leaf

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I' m thinking of petuning some tobacco in my next rolling session. Is it usual to use the petuning medium instead of water during the initial conditioning, or spraying it on just before beginning rolling? Also, does it go on filler, binder, wrapper all 3 or it depends?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I' m thinking of petuning some tobacco in my next rolling session. Is it usual to use the petuning medium instead of water during the initial conditioning, or spraying it on just before beginning rolling? Also, does it go on filler, binder, wrapper all 3 or it depends?
It depends on your leaf and what you are trying to accomplish with the petuning. I make what I call a “mojo” that I use to take the harsh edges off of stronger leaves so I use that to hydrate my ligeros that benefit from mellowing.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not an answer to your questions about process, but a note about terms: petuning occurs during fermentation, and not later than fermentation. The liquid based additives used during fermentation are called a mojo. After fermentation, adding stuff to your tobacco is called casing, and the stuff you add is called a casing.

I and others have misused these words before.

(Of course we are a small group and we can use any word to have any meaning in any new way we see fit. My above comments apply to the historical meanings of these words.)

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an answer to your questions about process, but a note about terms: petuning occurs during fermentation, and not later than fermentation. The liquid based additives used during fermentation are called a mojo. After fermentation, adding stuff to your tobacco is called casing, and the stuff you add is called a casing.

I and others have misused these words before.

(Of course we are a small group and we can use any word to have any meaning in any new way we see fit. My above comments apply to the historical meanings of these words.)
Learning everday,never heard that phrase, good info , now back to my casing

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm spraying a 2% solution of distilled water and citric acid on my leaf to case it up a condition conducive to rolling. I'm using the lingo commonly used on this forum.