What's new

Photo Update - Jonathan Drew Halloween Costume Party, Oct 27th CdM, Chicago

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0

Date: Thursday October 27th, 2011

The party will feature Jonathan Drew and the release of Casa De Montecristo's exclusive cigar - Liga Privada Unicos Series UF-4. I believe there will be releasing only 2000 cigars.

It's a Halloween Costume Party:
  • Prizes for the winner of the Best Costume Tournament
  • Food, Beverages, Music, and models
  • Free Valet parking
  • Cigars sales and Samples
  • Raffles and Giveaways

So far I know the following BOTL members will be there:
  • Jonathan Drew
  • jdog
  • smokinbodybuilder
  • podman28
  • kockroach
  • aquarich
  • soundta
If I missed someone, I apologize in advance.

Event Photos

Drew in the house! Oops. The photo on the left is Drew Peterson not Jonathan Drew. The middle photo are some of the great employees at CdM that had to put-up with the customers that attended the event. The photo on the right are a few of the BOTL (Left-to-right: kockroach, aquarich, and podman28).

My costume was smoking, so I didn't get a lot of great crowd photos and my wife was too busy enjoying herself. The photo on the left was my attempt at a crowd shot... :smokingbo. The middle photo is smokinbodybuilder's costume - he's so serious sometimes!

Alright... since my wife spent a lot of time making my costume there were a lot of photos of me. When was the last time you saw a Liga Privada no. 9 smoke another Liga Privada no. 9 while displaying a box of the new L40s? I was the butt of a lot of jokes that night... lol.

The second photo to the left is me with Jonathan Drew. Apparently he has a video of me dancing in the costume that he's threatening to post somewhere... at least that's what he told me and others at the Big Smoke over the weekend. The photo on the right is me falling asleep near the end of the event. I was in that costume for about 4 hours at that point and I was exhausted, sweaty, and my back was in pain.

The photo showing the costume line-up during the tournament didn't come out, so unfortunately you can't see us all lined up, but here are a few more costumes from the night.

Did anyone else have a photo to share?

Last edited:

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Bump. Is anyone going? It would be a shame if you didn't go because I'll be there... I promise you won't recognize me in my Halloween costume! :grin:

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Thanks for the info. If anyone comes, I will be the guy "dressed up" as Kimbo Slice...which means I will be wearing a Kimbo Slice shirt. Make sure to say hi!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If I make it by AT ALL, it'll be late at night near closing, straight from the restaurant.

I'll be the one dressed up like a sucker who spent the whole day working.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I know this should be in the ISO section but I am looking for a LP 'A' for a friend. He is a huge LP fan and his wedding is coming up 11/11/11. I would like to give him one for that day. I didnt post in the ISO section because he is a member here and I doubt he will read this thread.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Yes. My wife and I won the top spot and a $200 gift certificate. We had more money into
the costume then what we won, but the laughs on everyone's face made it worth it.

We made the costume from scratch.
I wont forget your wife's comment when we were in the elevator to go back downstairs.

"I dont even know what he won...a giftcard...to...Casa...for more cigars...just what he f*ckin needs."