• something else...?

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Maybe I should add some "Seasonal Fuentes" to the list...

I've never had any, though, which ones do you guys suggest? I've heard a lot about the "WOAM" whatever that is, lol.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
What's wrong with you people?!?!

Tat West Coast baby!!!! That;s a no brainer!

Padron 64. Phffft.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They're all nice cigars. Suggest you pick the one that fits the desired flavor you're looking for at the time you are ready to smoke.

orsonwelles

inmenso
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rocky Patel FUSION.
I know I know not rare and sexy, just a damn fine-tasting, refined, complex, balanced cigar. (The blue label natural, not the maduro.)
Now if you'd like even more refinement, try Rocky's DECADE. Now that's an elegant, hard to find stick.
But I get the idea that this crowd seems to only be impressed by sheer Power, like Don Pepin's Nicaraguan puros, so I guess I'm out-voted.
But you know what? I've never been impressed by those or Padrons either, for that matter.
My palate prefers to be pampered, rather than bowled over.
Anyone on my side on this issue?

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Njstone- WOAM = Work of Art Maduro (good, but better with age [same w/ Anejo]- I still vote the Padron for a special occasion. It NEVER dissapoints.)

Orsonwelles- Rocky Patel over Pepin? I think you'll definitely be in the minority. Keep coming.
Pepin has some mild blends too: try Tobacco Baez or the Cubao lancero, 601 black, La Aroma de Cuba LE, Cabaiguan, Tatuaje Havana VI's, etc..

The Decade & Old World stuff is pretty good, but I can't stand most of RP's stuff anymore- between dyed cigars to inconsistant quality & trying to market everything they can 'throw at the wall'...

orsonwelles

inmenso
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soundwave13- But aren't they All inconsistant?!
Which ones are dyed? I've heard of this malpractice before, but is it allegation or fact? Who's got the inside track to that kind of info? Or is it just obvious to the trained eye?
But you know, sometimes when you throw something against the wall it actually does stick.
Even so, I'm open to trying the ones you've recommended. Too bad I didn't read your post in time. CI had the Baez on deal a few days ago, dang!

My wife says the smoke off your cigar in your avatar looks like a dancing person...nice.

Last edited:

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Serious?

Some cigars are definitely more consistant than others. Maybe it's just me, but some cigars just always burn right & deliver flavor, while others it does seem to burn poorly, have a poor draw or have freak-flavor everytime I light up.

I've had a few Padron maduro 1926 #35's that weren't 'consistant' (one had a bad draw, the other tasted 'chemical') - but that was out of hundreds of Padrons - those were the only two I've ever had a problem with.

I've had great RP Edge's too, but the last 10 times I've had one, it drew badly, burned horrible or tasted terrible. After that many bad ones, I've ruled out, bad-batch, bad-B&M, etc., etc...

Whatever your taste - all that matters is that you enjoy yourself, enjoy your smoke & smoke what you enjoy!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Soundwave13- But aren't they All inconsistant?!
Which ones are dyed? I've heard of this malpractice before, but is it allegation or fact? Who's got the inside track to that kind of info? Or is it just obvious to the trained eye?
But you know, sometimes when you throw something against the wall it actually does stick.
Even so, I'm open to trying the ones you've recommended. Too bad I didn't read your post in time. CI had the Baez on deal a few days ago, dang!

My wife says the smoke off your cigar in your avatar looks like a dancing person...nice.

I know this is totally opinion based, but the Pam 64 and Tat West Coast are not Bowl me over Power house smokes. They do have some nic, but nothing like the LFD line wich just makes my stomach turn over. I have never had a bad Pam 64, 26, x000 series. I have to say that Padron is the most consistent cigar brand I've come across. And is acctually qworth the money you have to spend on them.

That being said I don't even try to afford them on a regular basis.