What's new

pipe and cigar smoking

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I am, and for the last 3 years been a daily cigar smoker. I smoked a pipe 25-30 years ago and stopped but remember when I first started how it burned my tongue. How is this going to effect my palate if I pick back up a pipe? (wife bought me one for Christmas)

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Just take it slow and easy to start. Choose your tobacco's carefully and stay away from "flavored" blends and aromatics until you are back into the swing of it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Larry is right, as long as you take it slow and don't fly into 5 or 6 bowls a day you should be fine. Theoretically, your palate will likely smooth out and allow you to taste a little better because pipe smoke is a lot smoother compared to cigars and easier on the nose IMO.

CWL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience as a new pipe smoker (longtime cigar smoker), stay away from the really sweet aromatics as these are the ones that have given me the worst tongue bite. I think the fruit flavorings are worse than nutty or creamy aromatics.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
It's all in the packing.......Check out some of the other posts about pipes. Look for the "Frank" method.....You'll do fine.....