What's new

Pipe Arbitrage

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok - so I hesitate to post this as I am, you know... loyal to the country that houses me. But screw it, America always promotes capitalism and is the worlds largest proponent of free trade so -> The Euro is down, Down, DOWN. Look across the pond for some good pipe action going on.

I just bought a Big Ben Barbados. I thought every vendor stateside was sold out. But as I was looking for reviews on the pipe, I saw it listed over at USA company ABC. Now I am sure they aren't ripping us off. They bought it at the price they bought it and have the markup that they do which seemingly is universal stateside. Of course, since then the Euro has tanked.

The pipe I bought via Italy cost me $102.00USD shipped. Compared to the stores here selling them for $127.46 shipped. Ok so I paid $25.46 less... but that's on a 120 dollar pipe. If you're in the market for a $300 or over pipe, that could mean a savings of $75 and up!

Just saying. Have a look.

Note too that if you are buying in the Eurozone, they have a 20% markup in the form of a VAT that we don't have to pay. With the exchange rate, just take 10% and you'll have a good idea as to how much it'll cost you.

Think they'll ship me a 2 door audi A3 ? :)