What's new

Pipe Suggestions?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Gents, in typical BOTL fashion, I'm in need of your enablement. I only have these two pipes, purchased over a decade ago (excuse the blurry crappy photo). Savinelli and a Peterson. What brands/shapes should I buy, y'all? You see those two empty spots on the rack, right? :D

I'm really eyeing the Sherlock Holmes Petersons.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Radice is a lot of bang for the buck, Stanwells are constantly good. The last new Peterson I bought took close to a year to break in, it’s a great smoker now. As for shapes, well whatever floats your boat!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Everyone should have a good billiard
Agreed

Radice is a lot of bang for the buck, Stanwells are constantly good. The last new Peterson I bought took close to a year to break in, it’s a great smoker now. As for shapes, well whatever floats your boat!
Disagree on Stanwell, their modern offerings are a slight step up from basket pipes at best. Peterson quality is pretty decent and consistent as long as you don't expect great performance from their entry level offerings. Same goes for Savinelli. Radice is consistently good quality, at a higher price than those, but you tend to get what you pay for with step up brands and models for the most part. Also certain tobaccos smoke best in wider bowls while others in narrower. Same goes for height to an extent.

It depends on your budget. I'd suggest a good Meerschaum pipe and a Falcon with interchangable bowls.
Agreed, though stay away from cheapie meers, poor quality tenons as well as overall fit and finish can be poor. $100-$200 seems to be where decent quality meers start.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Gents, in typical BOTL fashion, I'm in need of your enablement. I only have these two pipes, purchased over a decade ago (excuse the blurry crappy photo). Savinelli and a Peterson. What brands/shapes should I buy, y'all? You see those two empty spots on the rack, right? :D

View attachment 165944
Always wanted a Peterson Sherlock Holmes, never pulled the trigger though. Need to find one that's fishtail and more to my style preference I guess.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If you ain't smoking a VA/Per blend in a cob, are you really smoking? Then you need a bulldog for all of your English blends. Oh and a church warden to smoke Presbyterian. It only seems right.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0

View attachment 165944
i thought you borrowed my camera for a min :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: @StogieNinja