What's new

Pipes shapes and the tobacco for them

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Is there a standard for a certain pipe shape takes a certain pipe tobacco traditionally?

For example should Virginia's he smoked in one shapes and English tobaccos be smoked in other shapes.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Is there a standard for a certain pipe shape takes a certain pipe tobacco traditionally?

For example should Virginia's he smoked in one shapes and English tobaccos be smoked in other shapes.
I do not think there is a right or wrong to this - alot of opinions out there!

However, I will say that I generally prefer VAs/VAPer in taller/narrow bowls. I like English's in wider/shallow bowls

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I do not think there is a right or wrong to this - alot of opinions out there!

However, I will say that I generally prefer VAs/VAPer in taller/narrow bowls. I like English's in wider/shallow bowls

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I've seen that thinking around as well, and have assigned my pipes accordingly.

Sent back in time from Dr. Hoppy's phone using thinkatalk.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I haven't been smoking pipes long enough or often enough recently, but I have found certain bags I got off you in the newb trade tend to smoke better in different pipes. A few I'll only smoke in a larger bowl some in small or narrow bowls, and some only in my cob. I couldn't begin to tell you what type each is but I'll look into it. Or it could be I am crazy and just a newbie piper

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
VAs work best in the narrow bowls as it concentrates the flavors and Englishes shine in a wide bowl. Try this experiment which helped me- smoke a straight VA in a narrow billiard and turn around and smoke the same straight VA in a Sav. 320 (or similar). You will notice a change. Do the same with a complex English(not a Lat bomb) and you will find it harder to detect the nuances of the complex English in a narrow bowl opposed to the Sav 320's wide bowl.