What's new

PK traded

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
It's been on the news everywhere here for a good two hours, but you guys may not be aware yet.

Subban traded to Nashville. Shae Webber coming to Montréal.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Saw that. Traded less than a year after he donated $10 MILLION to a Montreal Children's Hospital... What an awesome guy; here's hoping he gets his name on the Cup someday.

Trades have been retarded lately - Taylor Hall to New Jersey for Adam Larsson? Brian Elliot to Calgary for a 2nd round draft pick? I get that he had to go eventually, with the expansion draft next year and all, but still... Blues fans are upset that we didn't get more for him.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I think the Preds are the big winners here... Silver lining for PK, I guess I can see where he might do really well with Nashville. Still tough to see a guy get shipped out when he's so loyal to a city like that though.

As far as Weber - @herfdog what do you say - does Weber fit with the Habs, or did they have to move PK as a salary cap dump?

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I think the Preds are the big winners here... Silver lining for PK, I guess I can see where he might do really well with Nashville. Still tough to see a guy get shipped out when he's so loyal to a city like that though.

As far as Weber - @herfdog what do you say - does Weber fit with the Habs, or did they have to move PK as a salary cap dump?
There was no salary cap dump. That's not why the trade happened. PK didn't get along with upper management, so there may be a reason, but no salary cap issue. However the "economies" made might come in handy.
PK was very popular in Montréal, on and off the ice.

Webber won't be as popular for sure, but he'll bring leadership to the team, and we saw last year what happens when Price's leadership isn't there... So, yeah, I guess he fits. He also played with Price at the Olympics. Word is, Carey was the first to text him when it was announced. At least that's what he said to our media's.