What's new

PL Petit Corona Review

Rating - 100%
59   0   0

Por Larranaga Petit Corona
5.1x42
Box code: EML ABR 14

I pulled the cigar for this review from the oldest, and best looking cab I own. The cigar has a beautiful wrapper the color honey. Smooth and silky to the touch. Not a lot of oils, but certainly not dry either. Tight seams, and perfectly cylindrical. It feels firmly packed throughout. The only mar on it is a quarter inch crack in the foot. Most likely, that is my fault. It should pose no problems in smoking though. I cut the cap, and test the draw, which is excellent. Let’s light it up and get into the review.

1st third: The initial puffs bring on flavors of cedar with a touch of pepper. It shortly transitions to flavors of wood. Nothing unusual here. It is smoking effortlessly. Each easy draw produces tons of smoke. Towards the end of this third the flavor becomes something that resembles honeyed pistachios. I own more of this cigar than any other. I fell for these cigars early on, and purchased multiple cabs. So far, this cigar is reminding me why.

2nd third: The nuttiness fades and I’m tasting graham crackers. Later into this third, I start picking up something floral that I can’t quite identify. This cigar is four and a half years old. I’ve heard others say that these really hit their peak a seven plus years. If that’s true, I’m excited for the future of these. We’ll see.

Final third: That floral note rounds into something like root beer, and pretty much holds at that until I let it go.

Smoke time: 1h 24m

Final thoughts: Its pretty obvious I like these. I feel like these could be my everyday go to cigar. They are a nice comfortable size that gives me what I want at an acceptable price. This particular cigar was a good example of that. These only come in 50 cabs and sell for ~$6 per cigar; however, you can find them on sale several times a year at prices of less than $5 per. Well worth the price point in my opinion.

Score:89