What's new

Plandemic discussion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Economic systems collapse when the return on work becomes 0. And here we are with people getting 600-900 a week to be unemployed. How does a hiring manager compete with unemployment that pays more than a working salary? They can't. And it's why we're all f'd.

This has been a very long laid out plan, going back several administrations. A "tipping point" is not when a scale tilts to one side. It's when the weight has reached a point that there is nothing that can be done to get the scale moving back, it just has to play out. Well, I'm sorry to say, we reached the tipping point a long time ago. There is nothing that anyone can do but prepare for the repercussions that are indeed coming. If these past weeks on lock down has taught you anything, it should be what is really important, and meaningful in your life. If it hasn't, I'm sorry. You may be in need of serious self reflection.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We had 3 weeks of voluntary layoffs for people concerned about the virus where I work. We have plenty of work for now but people were bitching so much the management relented. They could either take it unpayed or use vacation time but people were also applying for unemployment (and getting approved). Those people make me sick. On a positive note, they won't get unemployment for the number of weeks they received it this time if we get layed off in the future.

ChuckMejia

The General
DONOR
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Economic systems collapse when the return on work becomes 0. And here we are with people getting 600-900 a week to be unemployed. How does a hiring manager compete with unemployment that pays more than a working salary? They can't. And it's why we're all f'd.

This has been a very long laid out plan, going back several administrations. A "tipping point" is not when a scale tilts to one side. It's when the weight has reached a point that there is nothing that can be done to get the scale moving back, it just has to play out. Well, I'm sorry to say, we reached the tipping point a long time ago. There is nothing that anyone can do but prepare for the repercussions that are indeed coming. If these past weeks on lock down has taught you anything, it should be what is really important, and meaningful in your life. If it hasn't, I'm sorry. You may be in need of serious self reflection.
Agreed. I'm in NC currently. Most people make under 2k a month so when they get 900 a week they're excited and will milk it for as long as possible.

When this all ends its going to be awful for years

Boudie

DONOR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Kind of unusual that the working man is catching a bit of government largess for a change as opposed to it all going to the rich guys again

Boudie

DONOR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gonna get stuck with the bill no matter who gets the check. And I assure you, someone is going to get the check, just so they can say "look what we did to save the economy"

Almi

Jim
DONOR
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We have people at our work who did not want to be there and were able to go home. They collect unemployment and an extra $500 from the state. They are making more than I make in a 60 hour week. I wonder if these people realize that they will be taxed on this money and the stimulus check. Can't wait to hear the complaining about owing thousands at tax time.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
You all do realize that the big companies and banks have all been bailed out before? Now the lower class working folks get a little bail out and we are gonna get upset? To be fully clear. I have been at work full time during the pandemic. I think we need to get back to work. I just find the attitude towards people getting a bailout baffling. This is my opinion of course. I fully respect others right to have their own opinions. I would rather we all just be honest and open to listening to eachother.

Boudie

DONOR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just retreating back to the "Plandemic" video that instigated this discussion you guys have all seen the rebuttal(s)?

ChuckMejia

The General
DONOR
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
You all do realize that the big companies and banks have all been bailed out before? Now the lower class working folks get a little bail out and we are gonna get upset? To be fully clear. I have been at work full time during the pandemic. I think we need to get back to work. I just find the attitude towards people getting a bailout baffling. This is my opinion of course. I fully respect others right to have their own opinions. I would rather we all just be honest and open to listening to eachother.
You're right bro

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Here in MO if an employer offers an employee to come back to work and they elect to not got back, they lose their unemployment checks and the $600 govt bonus.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Had no idea people were just sitting at home collecting unemployment making that much money, I always thought it was a small percentage of your previous salary. Crazy. There'd be no incentive to go back to work.

Chuck's right. When the unemployment charity stops, shit is going to get ugly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had no idea people were just sitting at home collecting unemployment making that much money, I always thought it was a small percentage of your previous salary. Crazy. There'd be no incentive to go back to work.

Chuck's right. When the unemployment charity stops, shit is going to get ugly.
The state unemployment is a small percentage of your income. Where it's an issue is the fed giving an additional $600 a week on top of state benefits. For many people, that works out to more than what they take home working 40+ hours a week. I'm a registered nurse and my compensation is on the higher end of the median salary for nurses and it comes close to being more beneficial to me to be on unemployment. That's just ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The state unemployment is a small percentage of your income. Where it's an issue is the fed giving an additional $600 a week on top of state benefits. For many people, that works out to more than what they take home working 40+ hours a week. I'm a registered nurse and my compensation is on the higher end of the median salary for nurses and it comes close to being more beneficial to me to be on unemployment. That's just ridiculous.

Totally agree.

ChuckMejia

The General
DONOR
Rating - 100%
122   0   0

Yep

Tons of lower end workers here blowing through that cash

When it ends... its gonna be brutal

Poverty locally will be at an all time high