What's new

Pocket Cigar Cases

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I've been doing some research on these and am close to buying one.
It looks like there are three main kinds:
All Leather: cheap($10-40), looks nice, worried about the leather smell
All Plastic: more expensive ($50-70), very strong, no smell, not sure I like the look (eg Griffin Carbon Fiber))
Leather with Spanish Cedar inside: expensive ($60-90), looks great,Cedar prevents the leather smell . (eg Atoll)

I want something that looks nice and won't impart any odors on my cigars (except maybecedar). I'm wondering if I could just get an all leather and put in cedar inserts to replicate the Atoll's interior?
Here are some links I found:
Atoll knock off:
http://www.mydiscountcigar.com/lc-039.html
Original Atoll
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes-cigars-tobacco/attcicale.html
http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/itemdetail.asp?SKU=HUMT-ATOLLRUGATO

Griffin:
http://www.egars.com/ecom/sp/dbID=7562

Right now I'm leaning towards the Atoll...
I've done some reading on other boards but I'm still undecided.
Any thoughts? Experiences?

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I keep looking for a double tube stainless steel (shiny) metal for big ring gauge smokes that my cheap ass likes, and can afford.
I smoke alot at work in the winter and want something to help them with the travel.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
JRCigar has a bunch on sale in this month's printed catalog.
Might be worth checking with them...
for the price, seems good, and they don't come empty!

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a Havana Pocket Humidor that a certain evil genious gave to me and love the hell out of it! It is telescoping, so you can carry damned near any sized cigar in the thing, has a built in cutter, which is bad-assed by the way, and a belt clip, if you feel the desire...Oh..Holds 3 sticks btw...

Andrew

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Texas Cop said:
I have a Havana Pocket Humidor that a certain evil genious gave to me and love the hell out of it! It is telescoping, so you can carry damned near any sized cigar in the thing, has a built in cutter, which is bad-assed by the way, and a belt clip, if you feel the desire...Oh..Holds 3 sticks btw...

Andrew
I've seen that, but I don't like the writing on it.

jcleer1

Jim Cleer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have the telescoping havana as well. It cost me $7. The cheesey print on the outside wears off rather quickly. I wear cargo pants alot and the thing fits perfectly in that side pocket near your knee. Plus, if I lose it I'm only out $7.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I've owned Atoll, Cigar Caddy, and a Z-H Diplomat, but the best I've seen is "The Sherman." Unfortunately, they are apparently out of business.

If you are looking for strictly a smaller pocket case, I would recommend the Atoll - very well made. 50/52 is about the largest ring guage it will safely hold, however. By removing the cedar dividers you can accommodate two cigars of that size comfortably.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Kind of depends on whether you are going for looks or not? Are you against plastic? I'll have to check the one at home, but I have a plastic three finger case that holds big ring guage and will telescope to handle churchill length. All black, and has a built in humidifier at the bottom. It was fairly cheap and I picked it up at a local tobacconist. If you are going for something with some show then I would definately go with the leather, but otherwise, this is perfect. Hard plastic, telescoping, does everything you need. I'll try to remember to look at the manufacturer when I get home.

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Part of it is cosmetic I guess. I really like the look of leather.
Maybe I'll get one of the plastic ones to hold me over.
I just hate pulling out a freakin' ziploc bag or an old Churchill tubo with a PC in it.
Fitting in a jacket pocket is absolutely necessary so cigar caddys are out.
I really appreciate the input from everybody!