What's new

Poke the bear? Road town pipes.

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So upon much lurking reading and stalking I discovered how many people use Ebay to snag estate pipes at good prices and a few months ago began doing the same. Always a risk involved as you sometimes dont know what they been used to smoke but truly it's fun for me.
Getting to the point, I discovered a brand or seller listed who sells HS studio and road town brand pipes.
Before entering the arena of bidding I did some searching a d much more reading and decided to go for it.
Flashforward to today when my 5th pipe from them showed up and I have to say it's just as described and shown on the sellers listing. I also realize their is some backlash from some as to what wood is used the toxicity of the products etc. Not being a wood or chemical expert I do know more than a fair but about woods being a guitar player and repair setup guy for over 30 years both in spare time and full time.
I've also picked up grabows kaywoodies lozanos and irish estate pipes. All perfectly fine anad usable and some needing good cleanings others just basic cleanings but all in all great smokers. All of the pipes I win are under $15 including shipping thus far. Yes, I'm that guy....
Back to the bear.... what's your thoughts or experiences with or on road town and hs studio pipes?