What's new

Poll: God of Fire Don or Carlito

What do you think about the God of Fire Cigars?

• I've only had the Don Carlos and it's worth it

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • I've only had the Don Carlos and it's not worth it

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I've only had the Carlito and it's worth it

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I've only had the Carlito and it's not worth it

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I like the Don Carlos better than the Carlito

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I like the Carlito better than the Don Carlos

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I've seen several posts here where people talk about "A God of Fire" cigar. Notably, I noticed mnelson had GOF listed on his 2008 wish list and it was filled. But he didn't say with what.

There are two varients, the Don Carlos and the Carlito, and they have very different flavors. I love one and have set some of the other back to age as i think they will mature nicely but I want to take a little edge off before I come back to it.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Now that I have had both I can say I like the Carlito Better, but IMHO neither are worth it.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
i've had the carlito churchill and thought it was fabulous. Very unique flavor, similar to opus, but better and very close to the Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario that Carlito blended.

I've got 2 Carlito double robustos that have been resting for about 5 months now.

I most certainly want to buy more, but at the price they fetch, i can buy a lot of other smokes that i really like too. and right now, i've got a lot of other smokes i'm willing to spend my money on. at the moment, the GOFs are a luxury item that i don't HAVE to have.

4 GOFs = 9 tat cojonu 2006 = 10 tat verocus = 11 cabaiguans.

from a mathematical standpoint...

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Oh, and i have been dying to get my hands on a don carlos robusto, but they have eluded me thus far. i would be willing to pay for one of those. I know there is or was one in the Super Premium Box Pass, but i doubt it'll make it to me.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I've had about 6 of the Carlito and loved every one. I've had two of the Don Carlos and think they will age well, but I'm not impressed yet. Both have a twinge of Opus in them, I think the Carlito is a slight notch up, but different, the Don Carlos had a harsh note particularly the first 1/3 that i want to see mellow before I come back to them.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I agree with djustice. I have not had a chance to try either, so I guess I can't vote on this one.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Mitch - Have you had any wrapper issues with them? A few on here have noted having wrapper problems. I myself did not on the Carlito Churchill i had. It burned perfect circle straight.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Mitch - Have you had any wrapper issues with them? A few on here have noted having wrapper problems. I myself did not on the Carlito Churchill i had. It burned perfect circle straight.
Every Carlito I've had was perfect. I had one Don Carlos that didn't burn even, but the wrapper stayed intact with no issues.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I have a GOD in the hummi that is resting, I am not sure which one it is. I do not like the price but I am planning on buying some if I really like the smoke. Most of the cigars I buy I try not to spend too much money but I am not opposed to forking out money for a smoke I will really enjoy with some age on it.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
If I had them and this pretty much goes along with all cigars I have as a matter of fact. My plans though they differ they invariably have one common theme, turning them into smoke!

I've been toying with the idea of getting a few of these just for the collection aspect. I would of course smoke them in the end, because to me the cigar doesn't mean a whole lot unless you enjoy the damn thing. Just stick the band in a book and you can remember having the glorious tobacco.