What's new

Poll: Is there a market for a young adult/college age focused review site?

Is there a market for a college-age targeted cigar review site?

• Definitely. I'd subcribe.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Possibly, if it's good.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Unlikely.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • There's already too many review sites.

Votes: 34 37.0%

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in college and I am curious to see what the rest of the community thinks about a cigar review site, targeted at young, college-age individuals, with reviews done by young, college age individuals! I appreciate the feedback. :smile:

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
How exactly would you target young, college-age individuals?

I know many guys on this site would like young college age girls doing anything on your site......:grin:

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Quite honestly, I doubt there's a ton of college-age cigar smokers who think there's more to cigars than poker games. I'm in the same age-range, and I guess I'm a "college student" (attending online), but I think most younger individuals don't put a whole lot of thought into much of anything other than girls.

I suppose cigars are similar to all other aspects of life: with age comes wisdom. There are a few younger guys here whose opinion and reviews I covet when considering a cigar, but lets be honest: most college-age cigar smokers can't afford to contribute the same way a lot of others can. JMHO

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Go for it bro. We only have 15 million cigar blogs to ignore out there now, one more wouldn't hurt.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I'm also in college and don't really see a need for this. As long as the reviews are solid and enlightening and the cigars are stuff I would actually smoke, I don't really care how it's packaged though.

I'm with stroke, I would want someone with an experienced palate (which takes time to develop IMHO) and a degree of credibility.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Im sick of most blogs but at the same time if you think you have a great idea go after it. Many bloggers have really hurt the entire blogging communities image but there are still a few very good ones out there. Be humble, dont act like the end all be all of cigar reviews, know that taste is subjective, and have fun doing it.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Im sick of most blogs but at the same time if you think you have a great idea go after it. Many bloggers have really hurt the entire blogging communities image but there are still a few very good ones out there. Be humble, dont act like the end all be all of cigar reviews, know that taste is subjective, and have fun doing it.
I agree

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I mean it couldn't hurt to have a thread or something devoted to college students to discuss deals or problems they have just for specifics. But in general all of the Botl here have much better suggestions then any of us college students could give to each other. That's just the fact they have more experience than many of us "new" (under five year) cigar smokers. So no there are too many review sites, and a college student reviewer would get better feedback on a forum like this where they can discuss flavor profiles and cigars openly and get opinions and counter thoughts easier. Just my 2 cents.

-Brother Broadleaf