What's new

poppin' pipe room cherry!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been saving all my plugged cubans to be ground up and smoked in a pipe someday I have yet to invest in a pipe yet all though in my younger days I smoked a pipe everyday but it had a different leaf back then.:lol:

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've been smoking pipes for a little over 4 years now. I currently have 95 pipes in my collection ... mostly American and Italian brands. I plan on selling quite a few (and buying just a couple) to get to a manageable number and to focus on the shapes and finishes I prefer.

I find pipes to be the ultimate for economy, the tobacco is dirt cheap compared to cigars ... and you aren't really sacraficing flavor. Plus you can select a small amout for a quickie ... or fill a large pipe for an hour or more of bliss. :smt023

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I haven't ever smoked a pipe. After looking at Holt's catalog the other day though I am a little more intrigued by the idea. They had some nice looking pipes and not bad on the prices either, and as Tedski said, the tobacco is very cheap.

When I was growing up our next door neighbor, who had been friends with my parents for years, smoked a pipe. I always loved the smell of the tobaccos he used to smoke.

This might just be another hobby that I find myself delving into. Plus the smell from a pipe is nice enough, maybe the S/O wouldn't mind me smoking it in the house. I haven't convinced her yet to allow the cigars in the house!

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
On another well known BB, I'm C.L.A.S.P. member# 0002. Cigar Lovers who Also Smoke Pipes. I consider myself a total noob even though I've been smoking for well over a year. I'd much rather prefer a cigar, but pipes are a nice break from the norm, especially in winter.

I considermyself a noob still because about 1/2 the time I still won't pack the bowl correctly. Any advice to becoming consistant would be appreciated.

My fav tobacco that I've found as of yet is a CAO tin called 'Old Ironsides'. I think it's a wonderful, full, Latakia blend. Yum.

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I can heartily endorse the Civilised Art of Pipes. Tedski and other Brothers started me out Right. If You want to try it Work out a deal with Ted. It won't be expensive and Ted's an Awesome Trader. There are so many variety's to try and so many pipes and types to try......But be warned. It is a completely different experience from Cigars.

I Love It!
Good Luck All!!!

Slack

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to this board but not new to cigars or pipes. I'm working on a pipe collection of my own. If you see a weird looking pipe at Ebay, chances are I'm at least watching it. I prefer aromatic pipe tobacco. I smoke Lane's BCA blended with Lane's IQ as my everday smoke.

Looking forward to hanging out here some. :smt109