Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just to tag along with this Review

Por Larranaga Petit Corona
Origin: Cuba
Year: 2000
Size: 42 x 5 inches

The next night, I decided to try the 2000 I received from Jerry, and it was everything the 2004 was but smoother and creamier, 4 years of age and this is an awesome little smoke, I like them better than the Party Shorts at this point. The draw was still perfect and produced a ton of awesome smelling smoke. Pick up a cab and sit on them for 4 years and you won't be disappointed.

Thanks again Jerry, want to get rid of some of those 2000's:smt001

Ironman

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Got home from work this morning and found that my wife called off work. That ment that I could spend a little time outside with a cigar and cup of coffee since I didnt have to watch the kids. I remembered the review that Ironman gave on the por larranaga and decided to try the one I recieved a few weeks ago. I was really looking foward to this since it was my second cuban so far(first was a party short). I lit the cigar and got it going. within a minute I had to light it again. Then it started burning uneven. Then had to light it again...thought it was going to straighten up...just was not going to happen. I ended up having to relight it everytime if I didnt take a puff every15 sec. I didnt want to give up so I just kept relighting it in hopes it would take off. It started to take off allright, it started to burn in a spiral down the cigar then went out. It pained me to do it but I tossed it in the creek. I worked on it about 40 minutes before I tossed it. I've got a couple more cubans left so I have not given up hope yet. But I must say my experience on the Dark Side so far has not been real good.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Thanks for the review Ironman...klm, don't give up, cubans seem to be a little less consistent in burn and build quality than N/C's...don't give up, you won't regret it.

Ironman

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
klmhoward said:
Got home from work this morning and found that my wife called off work. That ment that I could spend a little time outside with a cigar and cup of coffee since I didnt have to watch the kids. I remembered the review that Ironman gave on the por larranaga and decided to try the one I recieved a few weeks ago. I was really looking foward to this since it was my second cuban so far(first was a party short). I lit the cigar and got it going. within a minute I had to light it again. Then it started burning uneven. Then had to light it again...thought it was going to straighten up...just was not going to happen. I ended up having to relight it everytime if I didnt take a puff every15 sec. I didnt want to give up so I just kept relighting it in hopes it would take off. It started to take off allright, it started to burn in a spiral down the cigar then went out. It pained me to do it but I tossed it in the creek. I worked on it about 40 minutes before I tossed it. I've got a couple more cubans left so I have not given up hope yet. But I must say my experience on the Dark Side so far has not been real good.
Sorry to here!! Just curious, you were outside, how cold was it? Smoking outside in the cold sometimes recks havoc with cigars, you never can keep it hot enough to enjoy it?

Ironman

Ironman

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
klmhoward said:
It was probably 50 degrees. Is that cold enough to make a difference?
50 is not that cold, but the symptoms are similar to when its cold out or windy, uneven burn, need to relight, cracked wrapper, drawing cold air in rather than warm air IMO affects the flavor. Another issue is when it's colder you tend to try to smoke it to fast and over heat the cigar which will affect the flavor and make the cigar harsh.

The best way to tell is try to smoke one inside, or where its warmer if you can, but definitely don't give up!!!

Ironman

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
artie97 said:
Maybe the cigar was over humidified :smt102
That's what I was wondering. You may want to check the humidity level and/or re-check your hygrometer (salt test). Outdoor temp of 50 should not have affected it like that. However, I don't rule out that it might have just been the cigar. I had a SC EP the other night that I was really looking forward to. Had a similar problem with keeping it lit - and canoeing. Felt like it would go out completely if I didn't take a draw every 15-30 seconds. Really took the pleasure out of it having to hassle with it. Other smokes have been just fine, so I don't believe it was humi-related. How have your others been smoking?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
sunivy said:
That's what I was wondering. You may want to check the humidity level and/or re-check your hygrometer (salt test). Outdoor temp of 50 should not have affected it like that. However, I don't rule out that it might have just been the cigar. I had a SC EP the other night that I was really looking forward to. Had a similar problem with keeping it lit - and canoeing. Felt like it would go out completely if I didn't take a draw every 15-30 seconds. Really took the pleasure out of it having to hassle with it. Other smokes have been just fine, so I don't believe it was humi-related. How have your others been smoking?
Just came back in from smoking a CAO mx2 and had no problems. My himidity has been between 65 and 70. I will do a salt test and check that. it was about 65 degrees when I was outside this time, kinda windy at times and could tell that had an effect when it picked up. Maybe it was just a bad cigar.