Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Por Larranaga Petit Corona
Por Larranaga (Cuba)
Year: 2004 (cab)
Size: Marevas 42 x 5 1/8
Strength: Med-Full

Haven't done too many reviews, here goes....

Last night Sam (shatfield - CW) and his dog Oscar came over for dinner and a little playtime with my lab Havana.

After grilled pork chops in a southwest marinade with mashed potatoes and corn it was time for dessert. A Por Larannaga PC was on the menu courtesy of a generous BOTL.

Construction was perfect and the wrapper looked good enough to eat. The wrapper was dark and toothy with some nice oils for such a young cigar. Very nice draw with lots of smoke. The Sam Smith Taddy Porter I picked out paired nicely with this cigar.

I’ve heard these are very strong when young, and this cigar was no different. The strength was there, but it was not harsh at all. I couldn’t put my finger on the taste, but semi-sweet chocolate and burned caramel come to mind. I can see this developing into a very, very deep and rich smoke in a few years with the chocolate and caramel tastes getting sweeter, smoother and rich.

I also received a PLPC from 02 in my CW secret santa package, it will be interesting to see how the 02’s smoke and compare them to the 04’s.

I’ll be pulling the trigger on some for sure! Highly recommended.

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Nice review, I have a few on their way, I can't wait to give them a try :smt033

Ironman

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I've smoked a grand total of 1 of my KMM JUN04 cab and buried them, at least until JUN 05.
Strong, harsh and very green tasting. Not ready to enjoyed yet.
Mine need mucho aging, I think.

Scott

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Very nice review! I have had one in the past and foud it very tasty. if the opportunity arises I would buy some of these.