What's new

POTY 2018 informal poll/input

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Not really a poll but a feeler for interest. I don't want to step on any toes and I did reach out to @cgraunke with this and did not get a reply. So not necessarily an official POTY 2018 group buy at the moment, but I would like to get feedback on interest based on comments made on the thread above.

I had commissioned a pipe from Martin Cermak (C Pipes) which is pictured in the other thread. I really like his pipes but I didn't end up taking this particular one because he made it just a bit smaller than I was thinking for the design. I would like the shank a little longer and the stem a little longer and thicker. I will look up the exact dimensions and post here. Cost was around $170-$180 at the time, so I would need to check the current cost, which may be dependent on quantity order anyways.

So I would like responses from people here that have serious interest in commissioning this style pipe for a group buy. I don't want to go back to Martin with a maybe 6-10, I would like a more firm number.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Just curious, how much would he charge? Previous years, We also had 3 different pipe makers and chose between them on which pipe we liked. Of course, our final design we did tweak a little bit and we didn’t know who it was until we picked. There’s a lot more behind this than one sole pipe maker. Also, I’m sure in years past @Eric also was in the loop on this project as well.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Again, not trying to step on anyone's toes. I only put this up for consideration because there was a couple of positive posts about this pipe and the POTY project stalled a while back. You can call this a group buy and NOT an official BOTL POTY. Makes no difference to me as I was just trying to help/respond to a few posts on the other thread. The whole point of this thread is as the title states, informal poll/input.