What's new

Pour over kettle?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys,

So I've gotten to be a coffee snob this past week or so. My buddy works at Stump Town coffee out in L.A. and sent me 2 1/2 pound bags of some special batch roast. I didn't even have a grinder, but always wanted one so I ordered one on amazon and made a cup in my french press. I used to own a grinder but since moving to CO I've just resorted to buying a 2 pound bag at costco and grinding the whole thing on the spot.

Anyways, I ground the coffee and made probably the best cup of coffee I ever had in that press. I texted him at how elated and high on caffeine I was (I never feel caffeine anymore) and he told me to try an aeropress. It was only 30 bucks so I figured why not.

Ground the coffee fresh and used the aeropress, holy hell was that a good cup of coffee! I've been having one every morning and am in paradise. No more cream or sugar required! I always doused my bad coffee with cream and sugar to make it palatable. Problem is, I don't have a kettle to heat and pour the water.

I use a saucepan and boil water, then I pour it into my french press, then I pour it into the Aeropress. Kind of a lot of stuff to clean up after the coffee. I read reviews on that Hario kettle for 35 on amazon but I keep seeing pictures of rust and stuff pretty quickly on those.

Anyone have an inexpensive recommendation on a good gooseneck kettle? I'd like to get into pour over as well for during the week when time is limited and both my wife and I want a cup or two each before work.

I've already had some spillage with the glass coffee press so I'm hoping there is a solution for this.

Anyways, sorry for the long thread but I'm so glad I found good coffee again! I worked as a barista for 5 years back in the day, I know good coffee when I taste it! :)

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Bonavita makes a goose neck kettle, both manual and electrical. I don't have personal experience with it but they are a big name in coffee and I know a lot of coffee shops that use them.
Aeropress coffee is some of the best coffee you can make. Espresso is my daily choice, partly because all I currently own is an espresso machine but do plan on getting an aeropress soon.