What's new

Prefer Smaller Boxes When Buying CCs?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Guys,
I have a question for you fine gentlemen. Last year, I purchased my first box of CCs (10 count PSD4s) which I really liked. Alas, it's been a few months since I've enjoyed a cigar and looked yesterday and noticed that I'd burned thru the box earlier this year. Anyway, I went to the site I used and they only had the 25 count boxes for sale. I would buy it as I really like the PSD4, but I've heard about the inconsistencies in CCs and am wondering if I'd be safer buying a smaller box just in case. Another site (one I haven't used before) has a 10 count box, so I'm thinking about just picking up one of those instead.
What are your thoughts? I don't have a lot of experience purchasing CCs... just know that I like 'em ;)
Also, for you fellow PSD fans, how is the PSD5? It's a pretty minimal size difference, so I'm wondering how different it is. The PSD4 was perfect for me, so I'm thinking why change something that works...

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Buying bling is always a gamble with CC, you might get a great box or a okay box. I find that there are definitely times where a brand will hit seam where a box count (10, 25, 50) will be more better than others and can be applied to tubes vs. non tubes as well.

I tend to focus on box code/date more as chances are if boxes are looking good from a master case then the other boxes will be good as well but always a chance for some bad apples.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When I had less storage I tended to buy smaller boxes. Since I upgraded my tupperidor I typically buy boxes of 25. Of course some of my favorites only come In boxes of 10, so that would be an exception. Never bought a cab of 50 but am toying with the idea. If you know you like a cigar (PSD4) and you have enough storage no reason not to buy a box of 25 IMO. You just reminded me that I have a unopened box of 10 PSD4 from '14 -- weather permitting I will smoke one tomorrow..

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
When I had less storage I tended to buy smaller boxes. Since I upgraded my tupperidor I typically buy boxes of 25. Of course some of my favorites only come In boxes of 10, so that would be an exception. Never bought a cab of 50 but am toying with the idea. If you know you like a cigar (PSD4) and you have enough storage no reason not to buy a box of 25 IMO. You just reminded me that I have a unopened box of 10 PSD4 from '14 -- weather permitting I will smoke one tomorrow..
Yeah, my concern is if it's a bad batch, I have 25 to deal with as opposed to just 10. This happened to me with a box of 25 of a different cigar I bought (NC) and I regret buying the box as I still have a few of them. From what I hear, CCs are even more unreliable when it comes to construction consistency.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Yeah, my concern is if it's a bad batch, I have 25 to deal with as opposed to just 10. This happened to me with a box of 25 of a different cigar I bought (NC) and I regret buying the box as I still have a few of them. From what I hear, CCs are even more unreliable when it comes to construction consistency.
Question.... who said they have issues with construction?

I have had maybe 2-3 plugged cigars in the last two years.

That’s all shenanigans.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
You won’t know until you get the box, unless you have a vendor who will show you a picture of the actual box. Those usually sell at higher prices.

Just order a 25 count! YOLO. Even a bad batch will be better than most new NCs these days.
True that, taking a risk anyways so might as well go a 25 count. If you really want to live may I recommend you just yell YOLO when you hit the button for a 50 cab of RASS

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I've heard a lot of construction complaints on Monte 2's and a few others. Also, I think many people have them over humidified. The one Monte 4 I've had, and each Boli, RASS, and partagas have been fine.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
True that, taking a risk anyways so might as well go a 25 count. If you really want to live may I recommend you just yell YOLO when you hit the button for a 50 cab of RASS
Do it. RASS 4 life.
Nobody would ever encourage someone to buy RASS... it’s like the Gurkha or CCs ... just so bad
I would. Great everyday smoke. This comment makes you sound like a valley girl.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Bwahahaha, I was thinking damn, how bad is it when my preferences make me look tasteless and uncultured, to a freaking marine!?! ;)

Last edited: