What's new

Premium Singles Sold In Convenience Stores

john12865

Nubber
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I noticed Premium singles like Punch, Excalibur and Macanudo being sold in heavy vacuum sealed plastic. The cigars look legitimate to me but of course anyone can put a ring on a garbage cigar. They must have one hell of a shelf life being sealed like they are. Anyone have an experience with them good or bad ?

Attachments

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I smoked one once. It was better than smoking nothing, which was the alternative at the time since I didn't have any cigars on me until I found those in a liquor store

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've had them in a pinch, only because I forgot to bring my cigars with me when I left my house to attend a beer or cider festival where you're allowed to smoke (outdoors) and drink. Haven't smoked them any other time though.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
"premium"....

It's a great idea really. Makes decent-ish cigars conveniently available in places where storage will be suspect.
The vacuum seal should cause them to to stay properly humidified till purchase.

If general hopped on the concept and made somethinglike flathead or Brazilia available that way I might possibly even grab one if I for some unfathomable reason didn't have any sticks on hand..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local gas station is doing the same variety. Those Punch cigars sucked, imo, but the rest were great and handy in a pinch

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Massachusetts or Grand Cayman depending on weather
Purchased an AJ Fernandez sampler online a afew weeks ago and they came in one of those sealed plastic bags. They were in great shape, so in general I would not worry about the condition of those C store cigars. My only question would be shelf life, as I imagine the cigar inventory doesn't turn over very often in a C store and I have no idea how long the cigars will keep inside those sealed bags.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Holiday time, I travel to NJ . It's a 9 hour round trip. Plus the visit makes a full day.
On the ride back it's about 11PM, there's a chain convenience store about 90 minutes out from my house. I'll stop there to hit the gas tank, bathroom, and one final coffee.
I usually pack a couple smokes for the ride. But lately, at the stop, I've grabbed an RJ and last time was actually a Macanudo to smoke and keep me alert on that last leg of the trip.
The smokes have been fine. Pretty good, actually.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Holiday time, I travel to NJ . It's a 9 hour round trip. Plus the visit makes a full day.
On the ride back it's about 11PM, there's a chain convenience store about 90 minutes out from my house. I'll stop there to hit the gas tank, bathroom, and one final coffee.
I usually pack a couple smokes for the ride. But lately, at the stop, I've grabbed an RJ and last time was actually a Macanudo to smoke and keep me alert on that last leg of the trip.
The smokes have been fine. Pretty good, actually.
Skip the gas station smokes....swing by my place and I’ll set you up for the ride back (y)