What's new

Pretty Interesting

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can see where the ACLU is going with this. I think it's a bit on the extreme side, but does bring up some questions which do need to be addressed. It's a real dilimma we've got now. How much do we give up on personal freedoms and protections in order to allow the governement and it's agencies to protect us? Do we want the government to protect us, and if so, how much?

The one thing I do wish more people would understand, and this will probably light some fires but the discussion is a good one, is that we don't actually have a democracy here. It's a republic...perhaps more correctly stated it's a hybrid republic? But there are some important differences between the two.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The government's main purpose is to protect us by providing police, fire, military and other meaningful safety measures, providing and maintaining an infrastructure (roads, etc), a monetary system and very few other things. If you let the people run the country with good, solid leadership and sound policies based on common sense, things will be fine. When the government tries to step in and tell you how to live your life outside the common laws things go awry quickly. That said, I think we're going in the wrong direction when it comes to many things but especially foreign policy and national security right now. The ACLU can go to &^%$ right now, we need tough methods for intel because the physical and financial well being of our country is at stake.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This is freegin brilliant...and if you think that it is beyond the realm of possiblity...THINK AGAIN...it's already here...someone is going to start connecting the dots....and it has nothing to do with Al Queada...

And since when is the ACLU the bad guys?

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'd do anything to stop that crap....Sprout combo with tofu sticks.....yuk!!