What's new

Progressive lenses SUCK!

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Not sure if this belongs in the things that make you feel old thread, or not. In fact, I posted me getting them in that thread. I picked them up today, and I feel like I'm in a fish bowl to the point of being sick at my stomach. Hope this goes away soon.
Any tips from the other " old geezers" on here?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I tried them a few years ago and returned them after a couple of days. Just couldn't deal with it. Stick with regular lenses now. When I need to see something up close I take them off and/or use a magnifying glass.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I had the same experience. Got dizzy and just couldn’t get used to em. I ended going to tri-focals (yeah I’m old)

Maybe I just didn’t give them enough time?

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk thingy

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Wore them tonight at work for the first time. All night headache, and nauseous. Getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Happened to me. Definitely bring them back ! Got all sized up, and when they came in, Freaki'n horrible.
They tell you you're not wearing them right, or incorrectly " looking down " for distance viewing, which was not the case.
So I refused the glasses, and they checked ( remeasured) again. Two weeks later came back for the revised pair and they were perfect.
I only need them for computer work, but I have been wearing them all day durning my shift, walking around the building they're fine.
I keep the 'perscript glasses at work. At home I have the $10 WalMart +250 (power) cheapos from the Pharmacy isle, plastic reader glasses. No troubles.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Dude, I feel your pain. Well, not literally. But how you said that you were 20-10 once. I was 20-15 when I went into the army. Now I'm probably like 20-25 or something. Garbage eyes.
I am 20-400. Have been since I was a kid. Now those are garbage eyes.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Happened to me. Definitely bring them back ! Got all sized up, and when they came in, Freaki'n horrible.
They tell you you're not wearing them right, or incorrectly " looking down " for distance viewing, which was not the case.
So I refused the glasses, and they checked ( remeasured) again. Two weeks later came back for the revised pair and they were perfect.
I only need them for computer work, but I have been wearing them all day durning my shift, walking around the building they're fine.
I keep the 'perscript glasses at work. At home I have the $10 WalMart +250 (power) cheapos from the Pharmacy isle, plastic reader glasses. No troubles.
I really think that it's me more than the glasses. The thing that gets me is looking out the sides of the lenses. Blurry as can be. Reading last night online that this is normal. I just need to change the way I look through them.
At work, I sit in front of 12 widescreen computer monitors for 12 hour shifts. ( Board operator in an oil refinery) Instead of looking to the side of the screen I'm facing to see the next screen real quick, I need to turn my head to look at it. I'll give it a few more nights. I am taking my old single vision glasses with me tonight though.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Well, got through a whole 12 hr shift on 4 ibuprofen and no nausea. Think I'm getting used to these things. I did do a minor adjustment to make them sit a tad lower.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I am 20-400. Have been since I was a kid. Now those are garbage eyes.
20-400 is bad. A buddy had 20-200, and his glasses looked like the proverbial coke bottle bottoms. He was young enough to get Lasik though.
My vision isn't bad at all (except up close. 46 years young) 20/40.
I've got astigmatism in my right eye, and it gives me frequent migraines without corrective lenses. Left eye is a .75 prescription. Right is 1.5.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Well, I got used to these lenses pretty quick after all. Three days is all it took before my brain squared it all away. Now I'm on vacation, and living in my Wiley X polarized single vision sunglasses. Will probably need to adjust once the vacation is over.....

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I’ve had them for a few years, yeah they take a few days to get used to them. But once you do, you wonder how you did without them