What's new

Project time

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife just ordered this. Will probably just put boxes in it for now but will be looking to replace the shelves.

21kf9brjw9L._AC_.jpg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
The wife just ordered this. Will probably just put boxes in it for now but will be looking to replace the shelves.

View attachment 162615
@sapper1

I'm assuming that its a large wine cooler of some sort?

Never had one or looked into them before so not very familiar with them.

Too rich for my blood, so my project was buying a used 1970's China cabinet which had a separate base with 2 small cabinets and 4 large drawers, the the main part was a double glass door, with 4 glass shelves, about 5ftx5ft, for like $50, and just converted it into a humidor by caulking all the edges and lining it with 1/4in thick
Spanish cedar sheets I found online, and weather seals for the doors, for about $200 total for everything.

Worked perfectly and looked nice, and held a ton of smokes.

Sadly, I can't have it here at the veteran's home so its sitting in a storage unit 6 hours away will all my other stuff.

Really wish I could have it here. I loved it

Hope I didn't hijack your thread so I'll ask again for details on what you got to keep things on track.

I know that the various wine coolers are extremely popular though.

Temperature has never been a problem for me here in Wyoming, as everywhere I have lived had a/c, and the humidity inside any place, and outside, never gets above 65% here, so no worries there either which is nice.

Seen some pretty cool ones people in hotter, more humid climates, people have converted and they do seem to work great without much extra money or work required

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like yours is a nice setup. This is a 18 bottle wine cooler that she found for around $150.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like yours is a nice setup. This is a 18 bottle wine cooler that she found for around $150.
It was very nice. Back when I had it i was working as an electronics technician in the oilfields and was making crazy money, so easily could afford lots of singles and boxes and still never had it completely full.
Really wish I could have it here.

Now I just use lots of tupperdoors with Bovadas.

Comletely Airtight and pretty inexpensive.
Love them. All the Bovadas are still as plump as the day I bought them 6 months to a year ago and rh never varies more than 1 or 2 %.

Honestly, they are actually better than my cabinet humidor in regards to rh stability and for organization (I like being able to have an anal retentive organization of my smokes)

$150 for that was a steal based on prices I've seen.
No idea how big an 18 bottle one would be in cubic inches, but 18 bottles seems like it would have to be fairly large.

Nice score.

Lots of info on the cigar forums and online on converting them with cedar shelves, how many beads or Bovedas needed for a given size, etc, so you should have no trouble making it into a really nice humidor.

Good wife to have picked it up for you, and for getting a great price.
You owe her a kiss and some flowers, lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is the one who got us started on cigars. So instead of flowers I'll let her get some good ones.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My wife is the one who got us started on cigars. So instead of flowers I'll let her get some good ones.
Nice.
That's awesome.
My ex-wife didn't smoke Cigars but loved the smell of me smoking them, so I was allowed to smoke them inside in my super comfy recliner.
I miss that for sure

Have to smoke outside, which is nice when the weather is nice, but sucks when it's really hot or cold. Plus only have hard wooden benches to sit on.