Mfg.: Partagas
Vitola: Rosusto
Vitola No.: 435
Year: 2002
Size: 4 7/8 x 50
Smoke time: 50 minutes
Burn: Very good until the last 3rd, then it began to run
Ash: dark grey

I've decided to explore Partagas smokes a little more closely since my first experiences with them were not so great. Just a matter of bad timing and getting smokes in the sick period. So I grabbed this beautiful looking robusto and decided to go out for a walk and enjoy the nice weather today while the girls were in gymnastics class for a few hours!

The wrapper was a rich reddish brown and fairly toothy. The aroma of the cigar was earthy and leathery. The prelight draw was very nice, not too open, but not firm in any way. Once observation I have made about the Partagas that I have had lately is they feel well made. As with the Lusitania I reviewed, the PSD4 had great feel to it, much like a drinking from a quality tumbler, or the feel of fine leather to the skin. So I took out my Blazer, torched the foot and set off for a leisurely walk to a nearby park.

The SD4 started off fairly mild, but soon the flavors started to open up. I noticed leathery and meaty flavors mixed in with the peppery flavors. The balance of the flavors was very nice, no one flavor predominated over the others. I wouldn't say that this cigar was a bad cigar, it's just not for me. I have tried to reserve judgement about the D4's until I've had enough to really make a judgement. My first D4 was an awful smoke, and I've tried to overcome that experience. While this smoke was far from awful, I just don't happen to like it. But that's ok, because if we all like the same cigars, wouldn't this be a boring place?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Have you had the chance to smoke the psd4 that I pif'ed you? it is from 04, and they have all been good. let me know.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
jerdog said:
Kevin, let me know how it smoked for you, hope you enjoy it!!
Well, I smoked the D4 you sent me Jerry, and I guess I'm just one of those guys that doesn't like them!! Not that it was bad, it's just not for me.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
tubaman said:
Well, I smoked the D4 you sent me Jerry, and I guess I'm just one of those guys that doesn't like them!! Not that it was bad, it's just not for me.
Don't mind him, Jerry. PSD4s are terrific smokes!

What do you expect from a guy that listens to Rick Springfield? :smt067 :smt035

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
geoffrie said:
Don't mind him, Jerry. PSD4s are terrific smokes!

What do you expect from a guy that listens to Rick Springfield? :smt067 :smt035
LOL!

I enjoy a PSD4 anytime I light one up.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Man, sorry to hear that these just aren't doing it for you Tuba. These are one of my favorites. Working through a box of ABR '04s right now and they are fantastic. This is one cigar that I can say that I haven't had a bad one of.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
no problem, maybe I need to send you some more cd's, and make sure you don't listen to rick springfield any more. jk