What's new

PToM Review - Pipe Tobacco of the Month - Master Thread

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Please continue to leave reviews for these tobaccos, as well as any others you'd like to share your thoughts on. Together, we all grow with any information you share!
PRIOR YEARS' ARCHIVES:
May 2014: G.L. Pease - Odyssey (@Grrrrr609's choice)
Jun 2014: Peter Stokkebye - Luxury Navy Flake (poll)
Jul 2014: Sutliff - Molto Dolce (poll)
Aug 2014: G.L. Pease - Key Largo (poll)
Sep 2014: Peter Stokkebye - Luxury Bullseye Flake (poll)
Oct 2014: Dunhill - De Luxe Navy Rolls (poll)
Nov 2014: Cornell & Diehl - Old Joe Krantz (poll)
Dec 2014: Boswell's - Christmas Cookie (poll)
Jan 2015: G.L. Pease JackKnife Plug (poll)
Feb 2015: Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River (my pick)
Mar 2015: G.L. Pease Gaslight (poll)
Apr 2015: Carter Hall (John Middleton, Inc.) (poll)
May 2015: Escudo Navy De Luxe (poll)
Jun 2015: John Patton Storm Front (poll)
Jul 2015: Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake (poll)
Aug 2015: Seattle Pipe Club Potlatch (poll)
Sep 2015: Nording Hunter Blend: Beagle (poll)
Oct 2015: Cornell & Diehl Haunted Bookshop (poll)
Nov 2015: G.L. Pease Navigator (poll)
Dec 2015: McClelland Holiday Spirit (poll)
Jan 2016: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky (poll)
Feb 2016: Solani 656: Aged Burley Flake (poll)
Mar 2016: Solani 660: Silver Flake (poll)
Apr 2016: Gawith & Hoggarth Brown Flake Vanilla (@c.ortiz108's choice)
May 2016: Half & Half (STG/Lane) (poll)
Jun 2016: G.L. Pease Meridian (poll)
Jul 2016: Cornell & Diehl Bijou (poll)
Aug 2016: Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture (poll)
Sep 2016: Wessex Gold Virginia Flake (@Iholmes choice)
Oct 2016: Straus Tobacco Sleepy Hollow (my pick)
Nov 2016: No Vote
Dec 2016: No Vote

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
To spice things up a bit this year, I'm going to start doing a little giveaway each month.
For each person that reviews the PToM, I'll add a half ounce sample to the pot, up to a max of 2oz. total. Then, at the end of the month, I'll draw a winner from the lot who posted reviews and send them their winnings. Just a little juice to hopefully boost participation. Reviews don't need to be in any special format or super in-depth, just let us know what you thought of the PToM, what you liked, what you didn't. Maybe what it reminded you of. Pictures are great, too. Just share your thoughts, enjoy, and have fun.
Cool draws & sweet smokes, Brothers!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
It's that time again! We're looking for suggestions for the BOTL February Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
  • Do you have something you've had your eye on, just looking for a reason to buy? Tell us now!
  • Got something you love and think everyone else should try? Speak up!
  • Do you have any thoughts on something someone else has already recommended? We want to hear that, too!
The poll will consist of choices between different tobacco styles/blends; Aromatic, Virginia, Latakia/English, Perique, Burley, & Cavendish
The winning baccy from that poll will be our February PToM. :thumbsup:

We'll do suggestions just until this evening, then I'll build a poll from that and fill in any gaps with suggestions from prior months that haven't been used yet.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
CRAP! I knew I forgot something...
Well, since there was no feedback, I'm just going to pick one of my favorites for this month.
The second Pipe Tobacco of the Month of 2015 is Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River.
The February PToM review thread is located HERE
Let's get to smoking and share your thoughts!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
CRAP! I knew I forgot something...
Well, since there was no feedback, I'm just going to pick one of my favorites for this month.
The second Pipe Tobacco of the Month of 2015 is Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River.
The February PToM review thread is located HERE
Let's get to smoking and share your thoughts!
Not sure how I missed giving feedback but, had I known the Mississippi River was one of the candidates, I would have voted for it anyway. So... great choice!

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Did you ever think of maybe making it bimonthly, may give us more time, I had two bowls of lasts months, with intentions of reviewing and here we are near two weeks into another, I always feel like I'm trying to play catchup

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Yeah, me too, trying to play catch up. But I'm going to hold strong, determined to keep this going! Hopefully we'll catch a few every month. Plus, it would be great if people come back and review in the future, even if the month is past. At least the thread will be there, started. We can always use more reviews, right?!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I agree. Even if I can't try the monthly tobacco every month, I can always come back to it. Plus, it's probably easier to keep track if we do it every month instead of trying to member if it isn't on month or an off month.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We actually didn't get a single review last month, and I never even found my tin to crack open. Where does the time go?!
Being sick took quite a bit of time out of my pipe smoking. I'm still fighting the tail end of it but that's normal for me in the winter. I still fully intend to post a review of Jack Knife even though we are well out of January.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
It's that time again! We're looking for suggestions for the BOTL March Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
  • Do you have something you've had your eye on, just looking for a reason to buy? Tell us now!
  • Got something you love and think everyone else should try? Speak up!
  • Do you have any thoughts on something someone else has already recommended? We want to hear that, too!
The poll will consist of choices between different tobacco styles/blends; Aromatic, Virginia, Latakia/English, Perique, Burley, & Cavendish
The winning baccy from that poll will be our March PToM. :thumbsup:

We'll do suggestions through the end of the month, then I'll build a poll from that and fill in any gaps with suggestions from prior months that haven't been used yet.