What's new

Punch Royal Selection 12

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow smokers-
I am about to pull the trigger on a box of Partagas SD#4's and a box of Punch Royal Selection 12's from 2002.
Anyone have any experience with the Punch RS 12's??

thanks-

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
You can't go wrong with them. A great PC :thumbsup: I've heard they might be making them again so don't be surprised if you get an '05 boxcode.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Cigarbarr said:
well the vendor recommended 02's that were in stock. At least that is what was promised.
The older, the better :thumbsup: I wouldn't hesitate if you trust your source :cool:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have smoked a '01 box...very good smoke...stronger and tastier than a ss#1 in my opinion...yet they are as noticably punch as the churchills or ss#1's or punch punch's.

i get a box every time i go to cuba...njp feb'04...most recently

derrek :)

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I am not familiar with this smoke, despite having an 01 box in my collection. It's been revisado'd so perhaps that's the source of my confusion, but my knowledge leads me to believe that these should be unbanded, yet my box is neatly applied with them. Have I a rare box of these, or are they all more recently banded. OR... could the bands just have been applied when checked by Habanos in late 04 given that bands had started being applied to cabs afte sometime in 03? Any insite available?

EDIT: They're definately legit, I'm just curious if the bands can be chalked up to anything other than "Hey, it's Cuba."

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Had an RS 12 last night. Jan '02. Flavor was spot-on, but draw was almost at the line I draw of being so tight that I pitch it.

Oh, and my wife hated the aroma, if that sort of thing matters to your purchasing decisions.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Punch RS 12s are good PCs, one of my favs. They have just the right type of spice in just the right amount IMO.

Craig, I have had '02 and '03 RS 12s without bands...I would supect they applied them during the revision.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have a SUA JUN01 box (no bands-not Revisado)
These babies are strong! Very earthy and still quite tannic.
I buried them for a while. We'll see how they are in the spring.

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
I am not familiar with this smoke, despite having an 01 box in my collection. It's been revisado'd so perhaps that's the source of my confusion, but my knowledge leads me to believe that these should be unbanded, yet my box is neatly applied with them. Have I a rare box of these, or are they all more recently banded. OR... could the bands just have been applied when checked by Habanos in late 04 given that bands had started being applied to cabs afte sometime in 03? Any insite available?

EDIT: They're definately legit, I'm just curious if the bands can be chalked up to anything other than "Hey, it's Cuba."
That's pretty interesting. So when the "RESIVADO" was stamped in 03, you cigars were banded then? I don't think I've heard of this scenario. The two boxes I've had were all unbanded, and all produced before the early '04 banding of cabinets.

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
40boy said:
I have a SUA JUN01 box (no bands-not Revisado)
These babies are strong! Very earthy and still quite tannic.
I buried them for a while. We'll see how they are in the spring.
The 98s are a bit more mellow, but still a little tannic.
Very tastey though