What's new

purchasing music online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hello folks, I got an ipod for christmas and I have been using itunes to buy and download music, and on occasion I will use real player music store, I was wondering if there is anything out there that is better, I don't want a membership to anything, just something I can purchase the album, and download it. thanks in advance.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
IMO, there is no service out there that is better or bigger than iTunes Music Store for major label music. Personally, I don't like buying full albums from iTMS because of the reduced bit rate. If I know I want the whole album, I will buy the physical CD so that you aren't restricted to bitrate, nor DRM. Whereas, if I like one or two songs on an album I will download them since the cost of the full physical CD to the ratio of songs I like will advantage me.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
thanks so much fellas, and thanks todd, that is very nice of you, But I think I will pass on that offer for now, I only have 5 gig free, but when I get a new hard drive, I will probably take you up on that offer.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I would reccomend limewire and WinMX because they don't cost anything. If you like hard rock/classic rock/odlies/techno/whatever else I have on here, I'd be glad to send you my music, too.

TYLER

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Halon said:
I would reccomend limewire and WinMX because they don't cost anything. If you like hard rock/classic rock/odlies/techno/whatever else I have on here, I'd be glad to send you my music, too.

TYLER
I was afraid this is how this thread would end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.