What's new

Question about auction sites

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I haven't paid too much attention to auction sites because I usually want something now and don't like waiting to see if the price is right. However about a month ago I scored some Padron 1964 Exclusivos for $195 a box ($122.50 under regular price) and they have my attention now. I've was seeing Padron's shoot through many sizes about 2 boxes a week and tons of fivers. Now neither cbid or autioneer has much of anything for Padron and I was wondering if they were kind of a seasonal thing. Is it all hit or miss (deals come and go anytime) or are there particular times of the year to find certain brands?

Also along the same lines what would you do to get notified of a deal like Padrons at over $100 off a box? It doesn't seem like you can set any notifications up unless it's already listed.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
With CBid you used to be able to see a date and time for what was going to be listed in the auction. You could plan your day to be on the site when it first listed. No more! Now you have to check in regularly and do a search either by brand or "newly listed"

At Famous if you find something already listed and follow it the site remembers that you are looking for it and will give you a head's up of future auctions for that product. You'll have a date and estimated time of the listing

As far as being notified by discount amount or availability I remember a brother talking about an APP but that was a while ago and I haven't seen anymore about it.

There are currently plenty of Padron auctions going on Cbid

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
At Famous if you find something already listed and follow it the site remembers that you are looking for it and will give you a head's up of future auctions for that product.

As far as being notified by discount amount or availability I remember a brother talking about an APP but that was a while ago and I haven't seen anymore about it.

There are currently plenty of Padron auctions going on Cbid
Thanks I didn't know that about famous, although I guess if they all ended I'll have to wait. I'll look for apps and see if I find anything useful.

RE CBID they have nothing for the ones I'm looking for (boxes of 1964), For now I have plenty on hand but I was hoping they would always be chugging through famous and I'm bummed they just stopped....

Regarding

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yea, 1964 is kind of out of my price range so I generally don't bother to watch for them
It's probably out of almost everyone's price range, that's why I was really happy getting Exclusivos at $8 a stick on auctioneer instead of regular price of $13. I just want to be on the lookout next time they show up that low, but currently I still have plenty. I have checked auctioneer and cbid for keeping tabs to see if they went even lower and now they are gone.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What is the difference between 4 - 100 ml cans of Butane and a single 400ml can of butane? $1 per can shipping. Kind of caught me. With $1 per unit shipping for merchandise you need to consider that cost when comparing bids.

I'm surprised how quickly shipping adds up with Cbid when buying multiple non-cigar items. Glad I won only 1 or the 10 Caldwell notebooks I bid on.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was surprised that Cbid charges sales tax on Virginia residents. As far as I know they are the only site that does.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I stopped going to C-Bid many moons ago. The place is loaded down with sub-par sticks and the premium stuff seems to go a little higher than it should. Cigar Auctioneer is superior in what they offer.

On Sales Tax - EVERYONE is charging sales tax now. You can thank South Dakota v. Wayfair for that.