What's new

Question About Storing In Boxes And Coffins

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys. I’ve searched through the forums for info on storing your sticks in the box/coffin you receive them in and it seems the majority agree thats its good to. My question is do you crack/leave them open a bit?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I do, others will agree and disagree. Seems like a debatable point. If they are wrapped in cello's I also clip the cello away from the foot.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wood and cello are both permeable, hence I do not unbox and/or remove cellos. I clip and crack to speed up the process a bit!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wood and cello are both permeable, hence I do not unbox and/or remove cellos. I clip and crack to speed up the process a bit!!
Yeah since I have more storage I’ve been getting a couple of boxes and it made sense to me to crack the boxes and coffins but clipping the cello is a nes one on me.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Lots of people recommend removing the cello, good but it exposes the cigar to damage. Lots of people say leave cello on, good but does slow down the acclimation/ageing process. Removing just the cello from the foot still protects the body of the cigar while allowing the environment of the humidor to enter the cigar through the foot.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually put a humidity pack inside the box if fits in, without cellophane, and store in zip bag then wineador/bookshelf.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
you will cry if a boveda bursts open in one of your boxes.:bigtears::arghh::eek::banghead::jawdrop::vomit:
it happens.
particularly if you stack boxes,as on a shelf.
double bag with a boveda in the bag...........not in the box.;)

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Lots of people recommend removing the cello, good but it exposes the cigar to damage. Lots of people say leave cello on, good but does slow down the acclimation/ageing process. Removing just the cello from the foot still protects the body of the cigar while allowing the environment of the humidor to enter the cigar through the foot.
I find that at 65% RH my sticks that don't have celly occasionally crack the wrapper during winter months when I'm smoking a lot and door opens and closes frequently.

Stupid Tapatalk