What's new

Question about Warped Cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Saw several announcements by Warped touting their new Website. The tag line "Old Traditions. New Era." is used. I thought Warped was fairly new on the scene so I'm not sure what "old traditions" they are referring to. Any ideas or are they a storied/historical brand under new leadership?

Another thing Their website apparently doesn't support Microsoft Edge, got the notice when I tried to access the page.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
From the email

To Our Warped Supporters,

On the eve of when the Warped team heads to Las Vegas for the IPCPR we want to take a moment to thank you for your support of Warped and it's vision. It's been quite the journey over the past 12 years since I launched Warped and it's been nothing but a pleasure crafting blends that I have seen so many cigar smokers enjoy all around the world.

Today is an exciting day as we have been quietly working on our new website for quite some time and we are finally ready to reveal the new web identity for Warped. We look to tell the brands story, inform you of each of the stories of our brands and the sizes within each brand, and where to authenticate our limited edition product. We look forward to giving you details on each limited edition release in our blog, and an easy to use map to find your nearest Warped retailer.

Our new website will be an ever growing organism, constantly updated, constantly tuned to better suit the needs of you and the information you crave.

Welcome to Warped.

www.warpedcigars.com

Cheers,

Kyle J. Gellis
President
Warped Cigars LLC

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Warped is a brand that is owned by a dude and rolled by others as is the case for most boutique brands. He was having just a few cigars rolled and released back 12 or so years ago. Then got into greater production numbers. His stuff is good ...as is most of the cigars out of El Titan and his other collaborations. Any collabs he does are with the actual manufacturers...so it's a bit of a misnomer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Is that the El Titan shop in Miami? I remember when I visited they kept referring to their "Cuban" Cigars.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Warped is a brand that is owned by a dude and rolled by others as is the case for most boutique brands. He was having just a few cigars rolled and released back 12 or so years ago. Then got into greater production numbers. His stuff is good ...as is most of the cigars out of El Titan and his other collaborations. Any collabs he does are with the actual manufacturers...so it's a bit of a misnomer.

Just curious, what is the misnomer?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the El Titan shop in Miami? I remember when I visited they kept referring to their "Cuban" Cigars.
Yes it's in Miami. They are Cuban by heritage. Rolled in the Cuban entubado tradition.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, what is the misnomer?
The idea that he is doing collaborations with manufacturers.

When you're paying people to make cigars you aren't collaborating with them. You're approving a blend and paying for it to be made.

He's a douche

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
The idea that he is doing collaborations with manufacturers.

When you're paying people to make cigars you aren't collaborating with them. You're approving a blend and paying for it to be made.

He's a douche

While I'm no fanboy whose heard it all(though I enjoy smoking Warped cigars occasionally); that's first I've heard negative towards him and his brand, so its shocking to me such bold statement.

Warped cigars available for sale reflect his blend taste and size style preferences at minimum and if you've seen his Instagram is at the factories producing those, it doesn't seem abusive to the definition to call that a collaboration.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
While I'm no fanboy whose heard it all(though I enjoy smoking Warped cigars occasionally); that's first I've heard negative towards him and his brand, so its shocking to me such bold statement.

Warped cigars available for sale reflect his blend taste and size style preferences at minimum and if you've seen his Instagram is at the factories producing those, it doesn't seem abusive to the definition to call that a collaboration.
Black honey re release was absolute trash

There’s the 2nd time you’ve heard a negative opinion now

:)

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I’ve heard the requirements that he sets forth in order for stores to get his LE stuff

Forcing them to buy a ton of junk just for a few boxes

Now that’s a douche if u ask me

Jussayin

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Knowing a retailer personally that’s dealt with Kyle directly, I can 100% confirm that he’s a douche of the highest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.