What's new

question from RonC

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
even with the Scientific reason of 72%. It does not justify why a lot of people on both sides of the continents prefer 60-65%. Does that mean then that these people are wrong?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i have heard opinions on anywhere from 60%-70%. For me, about 65 is right. As long as your cigars don't get mold, its personal preferance. But at 72%, I think you are flirting with disastor. In my 5 or 6 years of reading cigar boards, I dont remember anyone saying they kept their cigars at 72%. It was strange to me that a company could put all this $ into developing an expensive product, yet be so far off of what every cigar smoker feels is the correct humidity level. They are nice guys to talk too, but I just dont think the product will sell.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I wouldn't by a product aimed at %72 procent.. my first reaction would be that they don't know anything about cigars...my second reaction would then be to start doubting the rest of the product even if the humidity could be adjusted with the reasoning of "if they don't know cigars at all.. and this is a cigar product.. what else have they missed??? Is it really spanish cedar or any type of wood in the lining.. is it kiln dried or will it have sap coming out and effect my cigars?

The end result is that I wouldn't buy and if asked of my opinion by friend, I would discourage anyone else to buy too.. there are so many good alternative so why risk buying a cigar related product from someone who don't know cigars would be my comment...

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Back when I first started, I worked to get my desktop humi up to 70%..after that I thought all my cigars were plugged....70% is to high and 72% would be out of the question...scientific or not, these guys must not smoke cigars