What's new

Quintero Favoritos

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favorito is the lastest addition to the Quintero marca, whose lineup consists of handmade short filler cigars. The Favorito is a petite robusto released in 2012 which costs about 3 €.

The wrapper is quite dark and emits an unremarkable sweet tobacco scent.

Upon lighting, the cigar gives out nice amounts of smoke and a leathery flavor. Even though I puff more often than once per minute - the cigar shows some burn issues and I have to take frequent draws to keep it from going out - it doesn't show any signs of overheating. In the second third, the flavor changes to pine resin, the draw tightens up and it gets a bit bitter. These problems are fixed by cutting a bit off the head. The pine resin flavor remains, but it is bearable, at least. In the last third, the flavor improves somewhat, though doesn't change considerably. The strength is mild throughout the whole length of the cigar. While the flavor is nothing remarkable, the cigar is a fun one to smoke. Either between the fingers or between the teeth, it never feels out of place and in the whole time of smoking, I put it down only when I'm done. Good bang for buck.