What's new

Quixtar...

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Any thoughts; opinions?? I'm thinking of getting involved, but I'm still leary of the whole thing.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It's the newly repackaged Amway.

Now it's called Network21 and Quixtar is their online storefront. IBOs (Independent Business Owners) use Quixtar to show potential customers the products. It is essentially the pyramid scheme.

I know someone who is involved in this and has been fairly successful in building this into a business. However, I must say that the initial costs are quite high and their products are not exactly the cheapest.

As for my thoughts, well, it's NOT for everyone but it may be for you. Only you can decide if you want to do it and if you're comfortable with talking to people you meet about this "business opportunity".

I for one was not comfortable nor did I like the fact that whenever I met someone, I would have to look at them as a potential customer. But once again, some people like it a lot. I've attended their summer conferences with the person I know who's involved in this. I must say that it is a great place to get motivated about something.

Find out more about it and see if you'll like it.

-L

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Just to clarify, I'm not looking for you guys to do the research for me, rather I just wanted to know if any of you had any personal opinions one way or another. I've heard there's a "Dateline" Expose' out there and will be watching it very soon. Internet babble is somewhat meaningless to me though since anyone can write whatever they want without giving the true facts. I've been looking on Google and have found some interesting info, but there's a lot of people who say it's Great and a lot of people who say it's a Cult. Doesn't help me because I don't know who's right and who's just jaded!

Todd, you're the 3rd person to mention Amway to me but like the other 3, no info was given as to why it's a bad company to be involved with. Do you have any personal experience with them?

Thanks again guys, keep the info coming.

Laragitis; exactly the types of opinions I was looking for. Thanks

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Oh, It's been referred to as a piramid here, which I can see...
What I'm wondering is what seperates this from a typical Franchise? They're marketing it to me as internet franchising and similiar to a piramid, yet seperate because you aren't in fact passing the majority of your money to the guy above you like you would in the scheme. Instead you're receiving a small percentage of everyone you've recruited's gross sales; such as a typical franchisee would have to do. Make sense, or am I not getting the catch??

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
Instead you're receiving a small percentage of everyone you've recruited's gross sales; such as a typical franchisee would have to do. Make sense, or am I not getting the catch??
That IS how it works. However, the percentage you get is really small until you really grow, what's known as your "downline" (which is everyone that was recruited by you and those recruited by them.. so on so forth). The only way for this to work is to continually add to your downline. So, as long as the "tree" below you continues to grow you will reap the benefits.

One of the examples that I remember from the conferences was that you don't really need to find a lot of good recruits to succeed. You really only need one REALLY good recruit, who will grow their business and if they can reach DIAMOND status or higher, meaning that they have a certain number of people in the downline generating a certain amount of income from sales thru Quixtar. The percentage they get to take home is higher at that level, roughly 136,000, if I remember correctly. But that also means that Quixtar is generating a lot more income themselves. There are a couple of other levels higher than Diamond.. I think the highest is called Founder's EDC or something like that.. and those supposedly get close a million per annum.

The way it draws you in is the not-so-expensive starter pack. But after that, your upline will highly suggest that you listen to some tapes that were from past seminars. Motivational tapes if you will about how to grow your business and those tapes aren't cheap. Then there's books.

You can say that my experience with Network21 is almost first hand, but I wasn't directly involved myself. I can't say that it's bad because the times I have attended the conferences. I never saw anything but really motivated people. They were really about trying to help one another. But it just wasn't the type of business I wanted to get involved in is all.

It can get costly to maintain the subscription, the tapes, the books and the material needed to hand out to potential recruits. In order to sustain the cost of the startup, you will need to have a decent amount of disposable income at this point to spend on all those materials.... which means less cigar money. LOL!!!!

Anyway, if you have any other questions. feel free to PM me. I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

-L

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't know much about it, but I do know a young lady who swears she's making an extra grand a month working at it part time. Of course, she's super hot, and I'm betting most of her leads are guys that want to nail her.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I don't have anything against Amway at all. I have very little experience with it other than some family friends that were involved in it. Like Larigitis said it kinda consumed them and everytime the group of friends would get together they would be pushing their wares on my parents and the other friends. It pretty much alienated them from the group after being friends for like thirty-plus years.