What's new

Ramon Allones Specially Selected

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am sure that this cigar has been reviewed numerous times but I had to post my thoughts of my first experience with this cigar.
IMG_3005.jpg
IMG_3017.jpg

The wrapper is a reddish brown color and the cigar is mildly boxed pressed. I don't have a box code as this was one of 4 that I got in a sampler. There are a few veins but nothing that really distracts from the appearance of the cigar. The wrapper had a beautiful sheen to it. The cigar was well packed and solid. The foot had an earthy, sweet tobacco scent that reminds me of well aged Virginia pipe tobacco. I gave the cigar a straight cut. There was no splitting or cracking of the cap.

The pre-light draw was just excellent. Cedar, moist earth, and that wonderful twang that well aged tobacco has. Rolling around in my mouth before lighting gave a hint of sweetness and the filler when touched to the tongue had some saltiness.

The first third revealed a ton of creamy, cedar smoke. There was a lot of creamy sweetness, some saltiness and a bit of white pepper near the back of the throat. At this point the overwhelming taste was of just really good sweet tobacco. For you pipe smokers think of very well aged Virginia tobacco in your favorite pipe.
IMG_3020.jpg
The second third was more of the same with some notes of s'more coming in. The pepper faded to the background and was replaced with just a hint of some kind of baking spice, maybe nutmeg. The cigar at midpoint was full flavored but so well balanced. Retro-inhaling was not a problem at all with this smoke. It was just lusciously smooth.
IMG_3023.jpg
IMG_3026.jpg
The final third was just tremendous. Full flavor of creamy sweetness, earthiness, saltiness, roasted nuts and the pepper came back a bit but stayed in the background.

Overall the burn was not razor edged but presented no problems whatsoever. The aroma was just outstanding. The ash held up well up to an inch or so before it started to crack.

Overall I can say that to date this is the finest cigar I have ever smoked. I could easily smoke only this cigar for the remainder of my days and feel as though I was missing nothing. There are 3 more in this sampler and I have already ordered a box of 25. Wishing now I had order the cabinet of 50. I can certainly see that in the very near future. I still have the Partagas Lusitania, Cohiba Pyramid Extra and Bolivar Belicosco Fino yet to sample but I do not see how any cigar can top my experience with the Ramon Allones Specially Selected. Simply outstanding.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Nice review Dave. The RASS is a solid performer, and very consistent in my experience, which is still limited. I am finishing my second box (I have maybe 5 or 6 left) but have 3 more boxes in my humi. I love the flavors, and really appreciate that you know what to expect from one stick to the next. Something that cannot be said of all CC's.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Good review. Glad you enjoyed it.

I have never really enjoyed a RASS although I've smoke over a box of them (young and older.)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The RASS is a really good and tasty smoke. Wait till you try the BBF! You will be ordering a slb of those also. :)