Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
---
another option is
The Unbranded Brand
Raw Selvedge Jeans
I picked up a pair from Nordstrom, during a promo these can be snagged for under a hundo.
Unbranded. Thicker than thick, darker than dark, $80.
I'm with these guys. I picked up a pair of UB301's for $40 and love them.
Heavy denim, nice fades, comfortable as hell.
I'm hoping to grab the UB201's next.
Oh, for the record, selvedge raw denim is not hipster style.
Rockabilly, rock and roll, greaser, those that appreciate good jeans, people with style...yes.
High quality denim...yes.
Hipster...they're just biting other's style.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm with these guys. I picked up a pair of UB301's for $40 and love them.
Heavy denim, nice fades, comfortable as hell.
I'm hoping to grab the UB201's next.
Oh, for the record, selvedge raw denim is not hipster style.
Rockabilly, rock and roll, greaser, those that appreciate good jeans, people with style...yes.
High quality denim...yes.
Hipster...they're just biting other's style.
great, I'm just looking for something that doesn't get destroyed when I where them. I'm a big fan of Carhartt quality but their fits aren't great. They are way to big and baggy in the legs. Looking specifically for tough pants to wear under my chainsaw chaps. Carhartt has a pair on the website that are slim cut but not in my size and they aren't restocking.......

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
great, I'm just looking for something that doesn't get destroyed when I where them. I'm a big fan of Carhartt quality but their fits aren't great. They are way to big and baggy in the legs. Looking specifically for tough pants to wear under my chainsaw chaps. Carhartt has a pair on the website that are slim cut but not in my size and they aren't restocking.......
I would say that Unbranded denim is pretty tough, and the fits are nice.
If you do go with Unbranded's, use this sizing chart. For some reason they have gotten on the vanity sizing bull, not sure why!
http://theunbrandedbrand.com/products/ub301-straight-fit-indigo-selvedge
The straight leg are probably the ones you would want for work purposes.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey all, I'm in the market for a new pair of jeans, looking to try some raw selvedge denim. This will be my first pair so looking for some recommendations on an entry level pair. Not trying to spend hundreds on a pair of jeans that will end up covered in dirt, blood and sweat. Anyway, i would appreciate any suggestions. Online is best as I'm not really in an area with a lot of retail options.
Selvege jeans started trending in Japan and then moved to the mainstream American market circa 2010. Theyre awesome but you need to be patient, also probably not recommend if you have fluctuations in diet/weight.

Ive owned a few pairs, my favorites are/were APC New Standard & Naked and Famous Easy Guy

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Just got a pair of Brave Star 16.5 oz Slim Straight. Super heavy weight and 100% made in the U.S. of A.
I know this is an old post, but wanted to comment.
Brave Star are some nice jeans. I have 3 pair and have been satisfied with the craftsmanship and fit.

Last edited: