What's new

re-wraps

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

November 2016 I stashed a box of StinkEyes -- unmolded parejos, corojo viso and ligero bound in olor and wrapped in that hideous H2K which I refused to give up on. It was a mistake, cause after sixteen months, That H2K's still fireproof.

Question: Any of you had success unwrapping an old cigar and re-wrapping? Any tips for getting the old wrap off? Does the bunch want to fall apart, or will it stay intact enough to wrap?

n.b. At least it's encouraging to see my rolling has improved. These look pretty crude compared to these Vueltas I am stashing this month:

Still nowhere near the probably unattainable stratosphere where Bliss and Marc roll.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've had success re-wrapping. I rolled some last year that were too tight (the filler was too wet when rolled). I sliced the wrapper and binder with an exacto knife and I re-rolled them. It was messy because the filler was now a bit too dry and it didn't want to stay together, but it did work. I've also done it on cigars that were given to be but so poorly made that they cracked and split while resting in my humi.
If you only remove want to remove the wrapper and leave the binder it should be easy.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might try lightly misting the outer wrapper with water so it doesn't crack so much. May make it easier to dissect.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've re-wrapped many commercial sticks. Sometimes when the wrapper on a commercial stick is tattered I just put a wrapper over it.
On sticks I've rolled, I mist them a little, let that soak in and un-wrap them as best I can. Sometimes I have to scrap the binder and wrapper to get at the goods.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0