What's new

"Reactivated" My Account

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hello-

Some of you may know me from Twitter or other forums - I was on BOTL a few years ago under the name 'MattyBlayze' but either I forgot the password for that account or it no longer exists! ;) I actually came back to spread the word about #NJChristmasHerf2012 on December 26th that Antonio and I are organizing (Antonio already posted about it in the Herfs subforum), but I figured it'd be appropriate to introduce myself to all of you since this is a new account.

I've been smoking cigars for probably close to 15 years, but only have gotten really invested in the hobby over the past 5 or 6 years and still consider myself a "newb" and try to learn as much as I can. I think my enthusiasm really began about 5 years ago when a friend invited me to something called CigarFest sponsored by CigarsInternational in the Poconos. He had an extra ticket and asked me to go, but I wasn't overly interested - I smoked an occasional celebratory cigar but didn't think I was at the level that would appreciate something called CigarFest. He ended up selling me on it by promising a weekend away from the "wives" along with cigars, scotch, poker and steaks, and I bit! By the end of a great weekend, I had purchased my first humidor and its all built from there and really culminated when I was lucky enough to go to Esteli last May for Cigar Safari at Drew Estate - really an amazing trip for any of you who haven't gone yet.

I prefer the smaller vitolas - Coronas are probably my go-to size, but I'm also a huge fan of Lanceros. Right now my go-to, regular smokes are the My Father Le Bijou Petit Robusto, Emilio Draig K Corona and the Tatuaje NY/NJ Black Label Lancero.

I think that about covers it for now. Its nice to be back and I look forward to talking to/meeting all of you. Be good and long ashes.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Welcome back Matt. We are glad to have you back on the forums. I am sure you will enjoy it here even more now than before.