What's new

Real country music

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
He's the man. There's not much country in most country music anymore. Especially with newer artists. These guys are helping to turn things back around to the way it should be
Sturgill Simpson
Chris Stapleton
Cody jinks
Whitey Morgan
Jamey Johnson
And even though he is almost more Americana than country, Ryan Bingham is one of my favorites

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may get some flak for this but one artist I'll add in Eric Church. His music is a refreshing change from todays rap country. He rarely gets radio air play (at least on the so called country station here) as does Chris Stapleton. Though that station didn't start playing him til he won his Grammy. Talk about jumping on the band wagon. Two more artist that some of my US neighbors may not have heard of is Corb Lund and Washboard Union.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
When I saw your thread title, Sturgill was who I first though of. Funny.
He's legit, definitely gets that outlaw vibe going like Merle or Waylon. Next time he's in Philly my barber (super rockabilly/punk rock guy) and I are heading to his show.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You cant drive around Nashville for more than 10 minutes without hearing an Eric church song. But I will give you half credit for him. His music is much better than some of the alternatives. I'll have to check out the other two you mentioned

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
When I saw your thread title, Sturgill was who I first though of. Funny.
He's legit, definitely gets that outlaw vibe going like Merle or Waylon. Next time he's in Philly my barber (super rockabilly/punk rock guy) and I are heading to his show.
I'm gonna try to catch his next Nashville show. Only problem is that he usually plays in smaller venues and on weekdays. I'll just have to suck it up

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Haha maybe you should've said outlaw country rather than real. There's nothing you could call Justin Moore besides country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Saw Chris Stapleton on SNL, and actually dug his music. I'm not anti-country, just not a fan of much of it today. Chris was definitely good.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I meant real in the actual sense of the word. Real country music. Not manufactured auto tuned plastic cowboy hat nonsense. You could take any pop singer, put a hat and some boots on him and give him a handful of lyrics about trucks and beer and guns and he would be a top 20 country artist. In a couple of weeks. The guys I listed above.... That's the newer real country music. The 90s had plenty of greats too. But country music has been led astray as of late.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Saw Chris Stapleton on SNL, and actually dug his music. I'm not anti-country, just not a fan of much of it today. Chris was definitely good.
His solo stuff is pretty good. He was in a band called the steeldrivers before he went solo. There music was good, but leaned a little more towards bluegrass/folk/Americana. I like them but not many people know about them