What's new

Recalibrating digital hygrometer

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm in the process of recalibrating my two Humi Care digital hygrometers using the salt test. I lost the owners manuel. I can't remember if the red button on top is the reset button or the smaller button on bottom left. Can anyone advise?017.JPG

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
So you turn the dial with the drop two clicks clockwise (in my case to get it up to 75%) and then push the red reset button?

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Mine you have to push the button first then adjust the dial, I always have to adjust and set it back in another 12-24- never seem to get it right on the first try

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Mine you have to push the button first then adjust the dial, I always have to adjust and set it back in another 12-24- never seem to get it right on the first try
It took me a few attempts also. But after 24 hours both hygrometers are staying steady at 75% with the salt test. Back in the humi's. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
It may just be the picture so this very well could be a mute point but your screen looks a little dim, it may be worth replacing your batteries before going to all this trouble in the event your hygro doesn't save your adjusted calibration.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It may just be the picture so this very well could be a mute point but your screen looks a little dim, it may be worth replacing your batteries before going to all this trouble in the event your hygro doesn't save your adjusted calibration.
Good advice. If I replace the batteries after just recalibrating, will it be necessary to go through the process again?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I would guess it depends on the hygro, mine is adjustable also but when I swap batteries it resets to +/- 0 and you need to readjust the offset. Not really a huge deal either way just thought I would mention it so you don't have to potentially lose another day re-calibrating in a month just because of a $1 battery. you should know pretty quick if its off when you do replace the battery just throw it in a container with a boveda and see if its off the bags %.