What's new

Recommend a non cuban for a cuban only guy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

Last night marked the point where I have now smoked every general production cuban cigar on the market from 2014 till now and most limited editions.

I have only smoked a handful of non cubans years ago and cant really remember them. I am about to place another cigar order but this time, only non cubans. I am after cigars that represent the best of non cuban no matter the cost. If you know about a particular brand, could you please recommend a cigar or 2 from that brand that represents that brands style the best?

I will order around 15 cigars or so and would like to contrast the true differences against my past 4 years of cubans.

Thanks

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Illusione Epernay (most illusione are really well done)
L'atelier 52
L'at Maduro
(any and all L'ats really)
Curivari Achilles natural
Curivari Selection Privada natural
Curivari Buenaventura
Curivari El Gran Rey (all Curi are better with a few months + on them)
Warped - La colmeina, villa sombra, edition one cloud hopper
Tatuaje Black Label corona gorda
Cabaiguan
La riqueza robusto
C&A Cornelius and Aerial
LFD La Nox and Air Bender
Crowned Heads - Tennessee Waltz, Le Careme, Luminosa PC with a little time on it. FK Mule Kick, Las Mareas
CAO Brazilia, Anaconda, Flathead
RoMa Craft intemperance BA
Foundation El Gueguense
Dunbarton Sobremesa
H. Upmann by AJ Fernandez (no really, I'm serious)
Last Call Habano
Quesada 40th and Seleccione Espana
Oliva serie V Melanio
BLTC / BWKS - killer bee, rorschach, bishops blend (probably others from them, but I don't know which)
Supposedly the Southern Draw stuff is really good.
These are not necessarily the most prestigious or expensive smokes, and only a few HTFs here. But are the tastiest and most pleasantly unique NC's I've found so far, and a lot of the other brothers on the board are fans of many of these as well.
Personally I do not really care for Padron or Fuente, they just haven't done it for me so far. Despite their price and reputation.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Illusione Epernay (most illusione are really well done)
L'atelier 52
L'at Maduro
(any and all L'ats really)
Curivari Achilles natural
Curivari Selection Privada natural
Curivari Buenaventura
Curivari El Gran Rey (all Curi are better with a few months + on them)
Warped - La colmeina, villa sombra, edition one cloud hopper
Tatuaje Black Label corona gorda
Cabaiguan
La riqueza robusto
C&A Cornelius and Aerial
LFD La Nox and Air Bender
Crowned Heads - Tennessee Waltz, Le Careme, Luminosa PC with a little time on it. FK Mule Kick, Las Mareas
CAO Brazilia, Anaconda, Flathead
RoMa Craft intemperance BA
Foundation El Gueguense
Dunbarton Sobremesa
H. Upmann by AJ Fernandez (no really, I'm serious)
Last Call Habano
Quesada 40th and Seleccione Espana
Oliva serie V Melanio
BLTC / BWKS - killer bee, rorschach, bishops blend (probably others from them, but I don't know which)
Supposedly the Southern Draw stuff is really good.
A cigar or 2, lol... but yeah, +1 to a lot of those recommendations, especially the Epernay...
Lats are all good, I'll say Identite, La Mission, or EdlR... also the Animal Cracker 550, great smoke that seems to get overlooked a lot of the time
Curivari Beunaventura, I hear they're all good but haven't started on my sampler yet so can't say personally...
Warped LC or Hacienda
CH good, Luminosa is probably the mildest, not sure if that's a factor since we're talking about a strictly CC guy... @stonedpirate are you trying to avoid heavy nic bombs?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
A cigar or 2, lol... but yeah, +1 to a lot of those recommendations, especially the Epernay...
Lats are all good, I'll say Identite, La Mission, or EdlR... also the Animal Cracker 550, great smoke that seems to get overlooked a lot of the time
Curivari Beunaventura, I hear they're all good but haven't started on my sampler yet so can't say personally...
Warped LC or Hacienda
CH good, Luminosa is probably the mildest, not sure if that's a factor since we're talking about a strictly CC guy... @stonedpirate are you trying to avoid heavy nic bombs?
Haha, I wasn't paying attention. I thought he was asking for 1 or 2 per. Brand. Either way, I can't be pigeon holed like that.. Gotsta give all the info.. ;)

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Liga UF 13
Fuente 898
Oliva Melanio
Carillo Dark Rituals
Padron 3000
La Flor double Ligero
Upmann by AJ Fernandez
Perdomo Habano
Roma Craft Intemperence perfecto
Pepin Garcia Blue or Maduro or Le Bijou
Tatuaje Chasseur
Illusione Epernay ( great stick,but not really the brand style. grab another blend too.)

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
RomoCraft/CroMagnon Anthropology
Tabernacle
Hera Estelli Norteno
I don't "think" the Tab or CroMagnon is gonna suit someone who's been on a long Habanos kick, but I could be way off...
I had thought that the Herrera Esteli would be the Drew Estate stick I would recommend. Haven't tried the Norteno.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I don't "think" the Tab or Cromartie is gonna suit someone who's been on a long Habanos kick, but I could be way off...
I had thought that the Herrera Esteli would be the Drew Estate stick I would recommend. Haven't tried the Norteno.
Yeah never had a CC so wouldn't know :(
I just thought they were very enjoyable sticks ya know.

How about
Espinosa Crema??
Laranja??
El Gueguense non Maduro??
Or is that another fail??

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yeah never had a CC so wouldn't know :(
I just thought they were very enjoyable sticks ya know.

How about
Espinosa Crema??
Laranja??
El Gueguense non Maduro??
Or is that another fail??
I can definitely get with you on the El Gueguense natural , and I actually meant to include Laranja in my recommendations. (y)
The Cremas... Eh, it's good, but not that good.

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
He's in Australia if that matters.
Well...shit. I'll have to so some googling. Brothers have sent sticks to other brothers across the pond.
@stonedpirate - your call - I'm open for a trade if there's no Customs or any other hangups that will kill this. I can ship with Boveda and whatever...