What's new

Recommend cigar shops and distilleries in the Keys?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well since the herf got cancelled we're not going to the Smokies this year, thought we would try the Florida Keys in October.

We'll probably get a hotel in Key Largo and make day trips to the rest of the Keys. The " Island Smoke Shop" is within walking distance of the hotel so if you recommend it that will probably by my evening visit!

Any other shops and rum distilleries we should visit?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Okie Doke Chuck, Should be reopened by then. Only reason I'm considering the Keys in October is because we'll be driving and we can cancel our plans if we have to.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
There’s Wicked Dolphin Rum Distillery in Cape Coral/Ft Myers area if you’re passing through that area on the west coast of Florida. I want to say there was another one but I’m drawing blanks.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@CVAC085 yea, we're planning on spending an evening or two in Tampa on the way back so Wicked Dolphin is on the list.
It sticks out like a sore thumb from the roadway if you’re looking. I think it was painted a very bright tropical blue. I was down there in November for my Grandma’s 90th, but it was a short trip so we didn’t have time to go.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Okie Doke Chuck, Should be reopened by then. Only reason I'm considering the Keys in October is because we'll be driving and we can cancel our plans if we have to.
I love KW...lotsa places to visit and smoke cigars and drink some great drinks.

1. Greene Street Cigar Company...spend all day here...
2. Key West Cigar Club..

Experiment with local shops who have rollers that makes some really good stogies.

Save yourself a few bucks and drop by one of the grocery stores and get one of those passes instead of paying full price for the toll if you're going to drive there.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I love KW...lotsa places to visit and smoke cigars and drink some great drinks.

1. Greene Street Cigar Company...spend all day here...
2. Key West Cigar Club..

Experiment with local shops who have rollers that makes some really good stogies.

Save yourself a few bucks and drop by one of the grocery stores and get one of those passes instead of paying full price for the toll if you're going to drive there.
I think they’re called “SunPass?” I know Lee County has one called “LeeWay”

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I keep looking at the numbers for a SunPass and I can't find any real advantage or disadvantage. I would save about $10 in tolls with the expected route, not have to buy $50 in quarters to keep in the console, and skip the toll booths saving some time. I understand that I can request a refund of unused prepay in the account or just keep the account open for the once every 3 or 4 years I visit.

I can do it all on line so I have time to make a decision.

It would be nice not to have to wake up my wife every time I come to a toll booth to "grab the change""

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I keep looking at the numbers for a SunPass and I can't find any real advantage or disadvantage. I would save about $10 in tolls with the expected route, not have to buy $50 in quarters to keep in the console, and skip the toll booths saving some time. I understand that I can request a refund of unused prepay in the account or just keep the account open for the once every 3 or 4 years I visit.

It would be nice not to have to wake up my wife every time I come to a toll booth to "grab the change""
It's all about convenience... When I lived in Florida it was just easier 2 have the device because I was always driving on the turnpike.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

I have had E-pass for a while and I've found our tolls are substantially less $$$ On their site they say 23% plus volume discounts of up to 10% more if you do more than 40 a month. The e-pass works in multiple states including GA and NC, and they say you can get E-pass plus and it works in 18 states from FL to Maine. Another convenience is you can use it for airport parking. I would really hate to go back to waiting in line and paying quarters lol

I'm pretty sure you can open an account leave $10 (might be $20) in there and it will remain open as long as you want.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My wife found a chocolate shop on-line that advertises Key Lime Truffles funny how the hotel she picked is just around the corner?