What's new

Recommend some favorite sticks!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Im new to cigars and am trying to sift through the multitude of choices to find some new sticks I can enjoy. Im moving into more medium-full flavored but still enjoy mild cigars and am trying to try as many different options to figure out what I like, but its hard to decide on what to buy. If anyone has some recommendations on cigars you really like, whether daily smoke or special occasion cigar, It would be greatly appreciated!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What have you smoked and liked so far
still new to this so most of these will probably be laughable but I really like macanudo hyde park for a mild, diamond crown regular and julius caesar I enjoyed, padron (I think it was 2000? brown simple looking label), just had alec bradley american sun grown the other day which I really liked. Mostly I've been putzing around with CI mild sampler stuff but have liked some of the mentioned "medium-full" sticks recently. I keep seeing a lot on the site about crowned heads, drew estate and a few others that I had never even heard of so I might try some of them.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
don't get in a hurry to move to full bodied strong sticks, the mild-medium ones have more nuance, and you can get real flavors day after day by not overpowering your palate.
The guys who laugh at mild-med smokers are just showing their own lack of restraint to embrace the Dark Side.
After 40 plus years of cigars, I really enjoy the mild-med range, and yes, I did go thru the heavy Nica stick phase.
Got to the point I could not taste anything after Nica flavor bomb, puts a crimp in your day if you plan to enjoy more than one cigar.......

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Solid suggestions so far.. Fuente, Crowned Heads, Warped, some Habanos.. I've really been digging some of the E.P. Carrillo stuff I've tried lately; med bodied, and flavor packed. Check out the selection oscuro, or the Cardinal series.. You can catch good sales on those sometimes... Unfortunately, you won't find a lot of good stuff in most samplers. I believe smallbatch does some decent samplers, and purocigar has great prices on singles to make your own..

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Warped cigars, My Father cigars, higher end Padron cigars(natural and/or maduro wrapper), Illusione cigars and Davidoff cigars. 25 cigars( a fiver of each, most any different line) is good start. I say that, b/c your tastes will differ from the rest of us, and until you know where your preferences lie, it's just another man's preference.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
All the CH line is worth trying. I absolutely love the La Imperiosa, followed by La Careme, San Andres is really good for a very flavorful milder smoke. Also love Warped cigars. Look for Maestro del Tiempo (my other favorite), La Hacienda, Futuro
+1 to this. Crowned Heads is rapidly becoming my favorite and all of the different blends are superb.
I would also recommend trying an Ashton VSG. I've been smoking them for years and they are hands-down my go-to cigar.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I wouldn't say these are favorites but they are all good (IMO) and would be good to try and to see how your palate reacts to them:
Oliva O
Oliva O Maduro
Fuente Hemmingway Series
Furente 8-5-8 (both the natural and maduro)
Crowned Heads (any)
My Father (multiple lines to try and see what triggers your pallet)
CAO La Triviata (knock around stick)
CAO Brazilia
Ashton Classic

Last edited:

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Im new to cigars and am trying to sift through the multitude of choices to find some new sticks I can enjoy. Im moving into more medium-full flavored but still enjoy mild cigars and am trying to try as many different options to figure out what I like, but its hard to decide on what to buy. If anyone has some recommendations on cigars you really like, whether daily smoke or special occasion cigar, It would be greatly appreciated!
Room 101 Payback, Cabiguan, Lot 23, Edge Sumatra, Cain, Ashton ESG, anything Padoron / Oliva / Fuente (except curlyheads), Epernany, Tatuaje, Jericho Hill, My Father, 601