What's new

Recommendations based on Fuente 8-5-8 and La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor

Lunchbox

Gettin back into the game
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well gents, I’m looking for suggestions to branch out. I really like the two cigars in the title, what others should I try? Would be great to get some suggestions for new school and more classic cigars.

I’m all ears!

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Regarding the 8-5-8, is that the natural, maduro, or sungrown?

Also, are there any cigars you've smoked and said "eh, not my bag..."?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Lunchbox

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved the sungrown but my local B&M doesn’t have any right now. Anyone know when they’ll be released this year?

So, I’ve been smoking the maduro.

This weekend I smoked a Macanudo Hyde Park and after the Mi Amor it was pretty bland. But otherwise I haven’t had the chance to try too many. Yesterday I smoked a Tatuaje Nicaragua and it was nice, but only for part of the smoke was I getting varied flavors. Maybe I stepped up a bit too far too fast?

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
you can look no further to find the equivalent potential of an aged 858m .

Only Fuente is Fuente
Truth.

That said, if you are looking to stretch out, I would second @squaresoft and say DPG Blue, and Nica Rustica are great options. Both are rich, and the DPG Blue can give some great complexity throughout the smoke, while the DE Nica Rustica is more of a steady rocker. In addition to that...

The DE Undercrown is similar in that steady, minimally variable, kinda way. That said, if you wanna spend a little more coin, the Liga Privada No. 9 or T-52 are both fun. And speaking of the T-52, I recently smoked a Tabernacle from ex-DE-man, Nick Melillo. That was a nice rich, coffee, chocolate, woody, stick...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illusione Rothechild, Curivari Buenaventura, and Undercrown sun-grown. You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunchbox

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the recs guys. Bunch of new stuff to try. I’m happy to try full bodied stuff but I’m also just looking for other medium bodied cigars to try.

Most of my cigars I smoke out in the mountains while I’m camping, so ideally I’d like to try a fuller bodied cigar at night with scotch (and campfire) and then a morning or afternoon medium bodied stick for hanging around the campsite. Looks like I’ve got some great suggestions. Thanks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well gents, I’m looking for suggestions to branch out. I really like the two cigars in the title, what others should I try? Would be great to get some suggestions for new school and more classic cigars.

I’m all ears!
One thing to do is figure out what is it in the flavor profile if these specific cigars you liked. What flavors did you like? What was the nicotine level? What look to you like?

There are flavor profiles you can get online and download. That way you may be able to ID what flavors you like. Also, as you smoke you will evolve your taste.

You can take your taste profile to a good B&M store and get some great recommendations. Buys couple and smoke one. Then let the other one rest a bit and see is you notice a difference.

Enjoy your journey.

Lunchbox

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are flavor profiles you can get online and download. That way you may be able to ID what flavors you like. Also, as you smoke you will evolve your taste.
This seems like excellent advice. Thanks! Any sites you suggest for these flavor profiles? I wanna check them out.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Never judge a brand by one cigar.
Most makers and vendors store their stock too moist.
Be sure you let your cigars dry down to a proper % before smoking.
Excess moisture will ruin the flavor and bouquet of a good cigar.
Hard liquor can anesthetize the palate,and will ruin a good cigar.
You will get every cigar made suggested to you ,so you will have to do the legwork yourself to find that ideal stick....

Brought to you by the Committee for Cigar Reality (CCR ) and the Transparency In Smoking Board.( TISB )
Sponsored by the " Get Off Your Ass And Do It The Hard Way Like I Did Coalition.":hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited: