What's new

Recommendations for good reverb pedal.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Allright guitar players, I need some recommendations.
I'm currently using a EH Holy Grail reverb and I have begun to see it as one dimensional, at least for my tastes.
Do any of you guys have some recommendations for a good reverb pedal?
Right now I'm looking into the TC Electronics Hall of Fame, but am open to other suggestions.
My budget isn't that big either, probably around $100 max.
Thanks!

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Here's a recommendation:

Step 1) throw all your gear away.
Step 2) learn drums.

;)

I think the trick with reverb is matching up the right pedal with the genre you're going for... kinda like drums. I use one Ride for rock, another for jazz, one snare for loud shit, another for quiter stuff... etc.

But what do I know. I'm a drummer... I'm lucky if I can remember what comes after "5".

"1! 2! 3! 4!"

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I would go with the Hall of Fame. It's a great sounding reverb and has lots of different settings. The only Reverb pedals I've heard people talk about being better is the Strymon stuff, which is crazy expensive and I have no personal experience with.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I would go with the Hall of Fame. It's a great sounding reverb and has lots of different settings. The only Reverb pedals I've heard people talk about being better is the Strymon stuff, which is crazy expensive and I have no personal experience with.
The Strymon pedals are waaaay pricey!
I'm hoping to sell the Holy Grail and grab a Hall of Fame from reverb.com with the $$ from the sale.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Checkout Guitar Center online used section. They usually have the best prices, and you can always return it to a local Guitar Center if any issues come up. And I agree the Strymon stuff is ridiculously priced. Neunaber also makes a great Reverb pedal in the same price range as a new Hall Of Fame, lots of people rave about that one.