What's new

Recommendations please update page 2

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK
So I'm new to cigars and would like a few recommendations for a full stength cigar ( one that won't knock me down )
I have smoked some RyJ and some AF some Olivea and a few Acids and one CAO. I have only smoked about 12 cigars total all have been medium. I did try one that was classified as mild and found it boring!
That being said if it's to soon for full strength let me know ,I am OK with medium cigars for now, but curiosity is getting the best of me
Thanks gentleman

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
A lot of people seem to start with fuller more powerhouse flavor smokes, then move to milder more subtle smokes as their palate becomes more refined.

Also you can't judge a brand by one line. T
Most of them make a variety to appeal to different palates. (Fuente is kind of an exception here, most of theirs taste pretty similar to me, but their blends and wrappers just don't suit my palate. There may be a lot of nuance that is lost on me.)
If you like Fuente 858 maduro, you may like their other maduros.
Same for their Cameroon wrappers.

CAO Brazilia is an excellent flavorful smoke, that's available everywhere and a good value.
CAO flatheads are good.

You might like La Gloria Cubana.

If buying online, definitely get some crowned heads samplers. Great way to try some variety in quality sticks. That can help you determine what wrappers and fillers you like.

Drew estate Undercrown

Try a tatuaje.

H. Upmann by AJ Fernandez.

Thebutcher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glassman
This is exactly what I was looking for!!! I like Cameroon wrappers at least the ones I have tried
I am already looking at sampler packs and will pick up a Cao flat head at my local B&M I have seen them there

Thebutcher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Olivia was a series G it was box pressed but it seams the RH was way off when I got it,
It was befor my humi was up and running and it would not draw AT ALL
What Olivia did you have? The Olivia serie v is good full smoke and same with flatheads.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Small Batch usually has samplers going for just this thing. You should check them out, and read some of the articles too. I thought they were really helpful. I have to second the crowned heads sampler. I’m a huge fan, and they cover the spectrum with solid smokes.

Thebutcher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small Batch usually has samplers going for just this thing. You should check them out, and read some of the articles too. I thought they were really helpful. I have to second the crowned heads sampler. I’m a huge fan, and they cover the spectrum with solid smokes.
Thanks I will check it out, I have been using Famos always looking for good suppliers

Thebutcher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How dose this look? just found it on small batch.

RCIGAR Sampler - Pack of 5

Includes one of each:

1 x Tatuaje Tattoo

1 x Camacho Ecuador

1 x Illusione Rothschilde

1 x My Father Flor de las Antillas

1 x Crowned Heads Jericho Hill

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thanks I will check it out, I have been using Famos always looking for good suppliers
I like to buy from famous, especially since they're a sponsor and offer us a discount code. And they have a few decent samplers. But most of them are filled with filler and junk. (less than samplers on other sites though.)

Atlanticcigar.com has some really high quality samplers. I particularly like the Pete Johnson sampler and the curivari sampler. Espinosa sampler would be good to try as well.

How dose this look? just found it on small batch.

RCIGAR Sampler - Pack of 5

Includes one of each:

1 x Tatuaje Tattoo

1 x Camacho Ecuador

1 x Illusione Rothschilde

1 x My Father Flor de las Antillas

1 x Crowned Heads Jericho Hill
It's not bad. Just depends on if you like the tattoo and FDLA or not. Some people do. They're worth trying for sure.
The illusion Rothschild and Jericho hill are great sticks.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You are getting good advice from the members and at this stage buying singles is a good option. Once you get comfortable in the craft and acquire long term storage you should consider purchasing 5 packs to explore the changes in the cigar over time. Many strong, bold, maybe harsh cigars will mellow with months or a year(s) age.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are getting good advice from the members and at this stage buying singles is a good option. Once you get comfortable in the craft and acquire long term storage you should consider purchasing 5 packs to explore the changes in the cigar over time. Many strong, bold, maybe harsh cigars will mellow with months or a year(s) age.
This is some solid advice. This is what I have done, purchased a number of 5’ers of different strength/body and I’m trying them at 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, and 1 year and noting the changes.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Just to clear something up real quick. its OLIVA not olivea or olivia. The more you know.

now on to stuff. So im curious if you're looking for full "strength" or full "body" as you mentioned you don't want something that will knock you on your ass, and strength would generally apply to tobacco levels and translate to just such a situation. Full "body" would refer to sticks with more bolder more complex flavors that are darker in general like chocolate, coffee, earth etc.

if you want a full "strength" cigar, La flor dominicana makes some really strong sticks, like the double ligero (really anything with alot of ligero is the big time) that; to me, just taste like tobacco and not much else. or you might try mostly anything by roma craft, specifically the Neanderthal line. RC makes pretty strong sticks across the board but the Neanderthal is specifically strong.

if you want full "bodied" sticks then you have many more options, back in LfD there is the La Nox which is also fairly strong, but has a ton of great flavor and the andalusian bull.
Crowned heads has a number of full cigar lines in the jericho hill, la imperiosa, la careme and las calaveras lines, as well as any of their region specific ones like the tennessee waltz, texas yellow rose, la paniolo or buckeye.
My father has a number of options as well. specifically the Le Bijoux which most ppl here will tell you is delicious and the DPG blue.
Theres also anything liga privada I guess...I personally think the whole line is overpriced but alot of people like them. in the Drew Estate vein though Herrera esteli Miamis are pretty damn cheap right now, like insanely cheap and are fantastic smokes although they aren't quite full body.
Illusione; which i love, has a number of sticks that are pretty full. All of the original documents line (their main line with a bunch of weird names like 1, 2, 68, 88, 888 etc.) has maduro variants, and cruzado and mk ultra are also really good full sticks.
most anything by tatuaje is gonna be pretty full bodied as well but if you wanna really strong stick then the fausto fits that bill. personally i really just like their brown label miami line and the broadleaf variant.

i could go on, but really anything maduro will probably do the trick for you, and maybe look into san andres wrappers. they have alot of those bold flavors and have been pretty popular lately

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just to clear something up real quick. its OLIVA not olivea or olivia. The more you know.

now on to stuff. So im curious if you're looking for full "strength" or full "body" as you mentioned you don't want something that will know you on your ass, and strength would generally apply to tobacco levels and translate to just such a situation. Full "body" would refer to sticks with more bolder darker flavors in general like chocolate, coffee, earth etc.

if you want a full "strength" cigar, La flor dominicana makes some really strong sticks, like the double ligero (really anything with alot of ligero is the big time) that; to me, just taste like tobacco and not much else. or you might try mostly anything by roma craft, specifically the Neanderthal line. RC makes pretty strong sticks across the board but the Neanderthal is specifically strong.

if you want full "bodied" sticks then you have many more options, back in LfD there is the La Nox which is also fairly strong, but has a ton of great flavor and the andalusian bull.
Crowned heads has a number of full cigar lines in the jericho hill, la imperiosa, la careme and las calaveras lines, as well as any of their region specific ones like the tennessee waltz, texas yellow rose, la paniolo or buckeye.
My father has a number of options as well. specifically the Le Bijoux which most ppl here will tell you is delicious and the DPG blue.
Theres also anything liga privada I guess...I personally think the whole line is overpriced but alot of people like them. in the Drew Estate vein though Herrera esteli Miamis are pretty damn cheap right now, like insanely cheap and are fantastic smokes although they aren't quite full body.
Illusione; which i love, has a number of sticks that are pretty full. All of the original documents line (their main line with a bunch of weird names like 1, 2, 68, 88, 888 etc.) has maduro variants, and cruzado and mk ultra are also really good full sticks.
most anything by tatuaje is gonna be pretty full bodied as well but if you wanna really strong stick then the fausto fits that bill. personally i really just like their brown label miami line and the broadleaf variant.

i could go on, but really anything maduro will probably do the trick for you, and maybe look into san andres wrappers. they have alot of those bold flavors and have been pretty popular lately
Glad to see Squaresoft making the distinction between full body (flavor/complexity and full strength (nicotine punch). He made some very good recommendations.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well if you like full strength cigars just don't forget to eat before having a smoke. Kind of funny, all the birds where flying in perfectly synchronized pairs, I saw four dogs instead of two. Full strength, nic bombs will make you see double if you are new to smoking. A meal beforehand or they say a spoon of sugar if you get sick helps.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
yeah some sugar def. helps i can second that. usually if i know I keep something like a dr pepper on hand if im smoking something that i know might be super strong. and because dr pepper goes great with cigars

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Go to Atlantic website and buy a few varieties from the Curivari Buenaventura line. They are not expensive and great cigars. Also, they have RomaCraft 10 packs. Cromagnon, Acquitaine, BA, EC, etc. These are very good full strength cigars.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well if you like full strength cigars just don't forget to eat before having a smoke. Kind of funny, all the birds where flying in perfectly synchronized pairs, I saw four dogs instead of two. Full strength, nic bombs will make you see double if you are new to smoking. A meal beforehand or they say a spoon of sugar if you get sick helps.
Sound advice. I only got nicotine overdose once. Since then if I’m smoking a full strength stick I keep a small piece of chocolate handy.