What's new

Recommendations

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m looking for some sort of larger storage. I currently have an air tight jar that I use but it only holds around 20 sticks or so I’m thinking of a tupperdor and was wondering if anyone had other recommendations or even specific Tupperware that has done good for you that you’d recommend. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No temp wise I think I’ll be okay

That creates a whole world of possibilities! I'm super limited unless I want to spend a lot of cash on wineadors or something. Right now I have tupperdors in a wine fridge that I bought for $100 used. It regularly gets to 78 degrees in the house and when we aren't home and don't run the a/c...psssshhh. 80s aren't uncommon.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This seems like a pretty solid idea. Have you had any issues that I should look out for?

It generally runs like a dream once it settles in. You might have to keep an eye on the RH and let it breathe now and again. Because the tup is airtight, in my experience the RH will actually run a bit higher (2-3%) than your Boveda packs. And it can creep up during hot weather. But then again you might not experience any of this because you don't live in hellish tropical humidity like me. :LOL:

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I use a 38qt Igloo cooler for my NC’s. For the cigars I have 2 storage trays, and several small halves of boxes.
There are roughly 100+ cigars in there now with four 69% Boveda packs.
I have no issues maintaining humidity.
I also use a desktop humidor for my CC’s.
There are about 25 or so cigars in there, ajd I have four 65% Boveda packs.
Both are stored in my basement, and the cooler rarely requires new Boveda packs, as it does a great job maintaining humidity.
The cooler was under $40 when I bought it back in 2014.
Hope this helps!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Humidors are for looks. If you want trouble free storage use Tupperware or a cooler. I use both Tupperware and a beautiful oak humidor built using a wine fridge. Both work great but the Tupperware only cost $5.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Humidors are for looks. If you want trouble free storage use Tupperware or a cooler. I use both Tupperware and a beautiful oak humidor built using a wine fridge. Both work great but the Tupperware only cost $5.
Thank you! I’ve been trying to figure out how I wanted to go about my storage solution since deciding I wanted to start collecting more and Tupperware seems to be the best option!